Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In all of history, which 2 fighters would have made for the most exciting match up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
    A past prime Benitez comes closest. Duran was obviously past it as well, but Benitez was able to handcuff Duran quite a bit.
    Benitez wasn't remotely past prime. That was the height of his prime. He was fighting better at that stage than at any other point in his entire career.

His run as champ at 154 was his most skilled, his most consistent and showed everything put together for Benitez more than at any other time.

On the topic.

I say the greatest, most entertaining back and forth war ever would be between Gatti and Chacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Awesome power anyway. I think he was the only other guy to knock down Foreman besides Ali.
      He touched down against Young, but it wasn't really a decisive knockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
        He touched down against Young, but it wasn't really a decisive knockdown.
        Ah okay then. I will try and remember that.

Comment

pryor - chavez

pacquiao - armstrong

holyfield - frazier

[prime, obviously,] foreman - holyfield

gatti - himself.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Benitez wasn't remotely past prime. That was the height of his prime. He was fighting better at that stage than at any other point in his entire career.

His run as champ at 154 was his most skilled, his most consistent and showed everything put together for Benitez more than at any other time.

On the topic.

I say the greatest, most entertaining back and forth war ever would be between Gatti and Chacon.

i was trying to think of a smaller brawler / warrior with which to match gatti. bobby chacon is a good one. that fight would have a scary amount of contact.

Comment

off the top of my head, tyson vs tua.

Comment

dempsey may have been the most exciting and dramatic fighter ever so he would need to be involved- say dempsey - louis- two greats with interesing styles, dempsey -marciano, and all the other bouts mentioned here !!

Comment

Gatti vs Corrales = my dream fight

or else Corrales vs Rios

Comment

Originally posted by impitpatpuncher View Post
                    Gatti vs Corrales = my dream fight

or else Corrales vs Rios
                    At 130 Gatti wouldn't make it past the 2nd round against Chico. Gatti's people never put him in with big punchers because he'd have been destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                      Awesome power anyway. I think he was the only other guy to knock down Foreman besides Ali.
                      Youre right, but I was going more for the fact that he was a tough son of a ***** man. Like you'd have to REALLY knock him out for the fight to be over, he's almost like a Floyd Patterson with a better chin. He may be out on the feet, but he won't stop coming until either he himself is out, or the ref has stopped the fight.

And I'm not only talking about Foreman, the Quarry fight was awesome for him as well because Quarry hurt him a few times in the bout as well, if I'm correct here

Comment

Working...
                      X