Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In all of history, which 2 fighters would have made for the most exciting match up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
    The Barrera that beat Naz would have been tougher for Pacquiao.
    What about the Barrera that beat McKinney or a prime Barrera, if that's a different time?

Comment

Duran vs Tszyu 140 lbs

Comment

Duran v. Chavez at 135
        JMM v. Chavez at 135

Robinson vs Leonard at 147
        Robinon vs Hearns at 147
        Leonard vs Mayweather at 147

Hagler vs. Robinson at 160
        Hagler vs Jones at 160
        Hagler vs Monzon at 160

Roy Jones vs Andre Ward 168

Tyson (88') vs Ali (65')
        Lewis vs Ali

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
          The Barrera that beat Naz would have been tougher for Pacquiao.
          Absolutely!!!!

I'd take the best Barrera over the best super bantamweight/featherweight version of Pacquiao. I realise that I'd probably be in the minority there!

Prime/motivated Barrera was quite something; but there were times when the fire just didn't seem to be in his belly if he was favorite (as he was first time with Pacquiao). The guy who turned up for McKinney, Moralles 1 (clearly a Barrera win) and Naz was one of the best pound for pound fighters I've seen.

Comment

Being British, i believe these fights would have created very exciting fights

In no particular order.

1. Carl Froch v Nigel Benn
            This would have been an absolute war. Both fighters were Macho with Benn being a very angry and aggressive fighter. Froch is a warrior who has taken on all comers. This would be a very physical fight and predicting a winner is almost impossible. Fortunately, we have the next best thing in a Froch Kessler rematch to look forward to!

2. Joe Calzaghe v Andre Ward
            Quite the debate can be made for either fighter. Ward seems to be a very good fighter, hard to hit and a mean left hook. Unfortunately, his style does not make excellent viewing, so this is more a chess match. Not much needs to be said on Calzaghe. He always found a way to win and threw punches in bunches. Id personally pick Calzaghe to win a close points decision. The fight wouldnt be amazing, but i guarantee if it happened, the boxing world would watch with plenty of intrigue.

3. Lennox Lewis v Vitali Klistchko II
            The view is Klitschko would have won had he not been stopped. I disagree. Lewis was behind on the cards. He landed an excellent right that cut Klitschko and Lewis tactically targeted it to open it and force the stoppage. Not a common way of ending a fight, but effective. It worked. Simple. Lewis won fair and square. However, a rematch, Lewis was the master. Had he lost he had come back frighteningly to destroy. His losses were his lack of concentration. I believe had he have come back, he would have whipped himself up into the shape he was in when he fought Rahman II and beat Klitschko. Klitschko has proved to be an excellent fighter, but Lewis for me is one step up.

4. Ricky Hatton v Amir Khan
            Khan, chin or no chin, is quick, he starts well (minus the Prescott fight) and has excellent feet and handspeed. Unfortunately, i would question his stamina and his chin problem. That said, Alex Ariza worked on giving him bigger legs to take shots. I noticed against Maidana, he was wobbled, but stayed on his feet. Against Garcia, he had smaller legs and couldn't take a punch. Hatton was an excellent aggressive worker but just short of elite quality. THe key to this fight is whether Khan could take what Hatton gave and whether he had the stamina to last the pace. Id probably go with Khan by close decision purely because i dont think Hatton had one punch KO power and possibly Khan could avoid numerous punches.

Comment

Duran-Whitaker, I am a big Chavez fan but Duran would be too much for him.

Comment

No brainer here :

Tommy "Hitman" Hearns v Tito Trinidad

Obv,there are lots of big fights that could have happened and lots of hypotheticals that would be awesome to be at/watch.

Comment

Originally posted by marvelousmatt View Post
                  No brainer here :

Tommy "Hitman" Hearns v Tito Trinidad

Obv,there are lots of big fights that could have happened and lots of hypotheticals that would be awesome to be at/watch.
                  Yep great fight but a very short one , hearns starts fast Trinidad goes down early and if he gets up hearns finishes him after about two , two and a half minutes

Comment

i think holyfield-frazier would be historical

and mccellan vs hearns

Comment

I would love to have seen Lewis vs Ali.

Comment

Working...
                      X