No announcement yet.

Pick a fighter to beat me ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
    Excellent post. The only hybrid option is Mike Tyson (88) with Joe Frazier's heart and mental strength.

In Reality, Ali at his best ala CW fight clowns any HW ever.

Agreed, a mish mash of every attribute of 1988 Tyson's game coupled with Frazier's heart and distance workrate/stamina is as good an Ali antidote as I can think of........

Comment

this may sound like a joke but id throw tommy morrison at him. Likely hood is that morrison doesnt make it past round 5, bad defencive, bad chin, bad stamina but i think he has a gd chance of knocking ali down in round 1 or 2. Morrison would push forward throw quick counters and i think he could knock ali down with a left hook and would have a much higher chance of finishing him compared to frazier, cooper or banks. Compare tyson vs tillis, shavers vs tillis and morrison vs tillis. Tillis looked in gd shape for this fight but tommy blew him away in the first round. Sure, alis gonna be better defencive and throw alot more punches but i dont think hes been in the ring with some1 with a well timed quick left hook, that in my opinion could break through Alis chin and really rock him. Out of all the punchers, id say he would have the greatest chance early in the fight

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
        this may sound like a joke but id throw tommy morrison at him. Likely hood is that morrison doesnt make it past round 5, bad defencive, bad chin, bad stamina but i think he has a gd chance of knocking ali down in round 1 or 2. Morrison would push forward throw quick counters and i think he could knock ali down with a left hook and would have a much higher chance of finishing him compared to frazier, cooper or banks. Compare tyson vs tillis, shavers vs tillis and morrison vs tillis. Tillis looked in gd shape for this fight but tommy blew him away in the first round. Sure, alis gonna be better defencive and throw alot more punches but i dont think hes been in the ring with some1 with a well timed quick left hook, that in my opinion could break through Alis chin and really rock him. Out of all the punchers, id say he would have the greatest chance early in the fight

Maybe against 1960-1963 Ali! It would be a bit fan boyish to assume that the Clay who got dropped by Cooper and Banks wouldn't run into further.....much more devestating follow up hooks by someone as heavy handed as Morrison.

But I think that there are probably others who'd have a good chance at beating 1960-1963 Clay. Possibly Louis, Foreman, Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis among others.

In late 1966/67 Ali was much more elusive, his reflexes looked phenominal against Williams/Terrel etc. In fact in the first round against Liston in 1964 it looked like you couldn't hit Ali with a bowl of rice. I don't think Morrison gets close early on with this Ali (for as long as he had a healthy respect of Morrison!).

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          Vilomar Fernandez. Beat him, pretty clearly, only two fights before. Arguello is one of those guys that has real trouble with a certain style of fighter though.
          I gave Arguello the fight against Fernandez, and I think he looked even more sharp against Escalara.

You're right about his stylistic troubles, but I still can't think of many I'd give a chance. There weren't many fighters as fierce as Chacon.

Comment

Working...
          X