No announcement yet.

Duran vs Buchanan: Was Foul Cry a Hoax?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
    Here is what I believe happened. Kenny finally had some success finding Duran in that round. When the bell rang he could not bring himself to stop. Duran does not take that, of course, and hits him in the nuts. End of story. I cannot be sure, but I believe that is what he intended to do. It may be that the ref pulled on his arm, causing the punch to angle low. I will have to watch it again. At this time I still believe it to be intentional, a knee jerk reaction on Duran's part.
    I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      heromaker...... I opened my gym in 1969 it remains open to this day run by one of the boxers that trained under me.
      The cups are made from steel, if his cup tented it must have been a cheap piece of equipment.
      Point being Ken can't beat Duran, Ken was a good boxer but Duran is an ATG lightweight.

If you want to try to hit him in the balls come on down. You see Ray Corso is my real name and I'm a very real person.

Ray
      I bet you wouldn't say that if Andre Ward was behind the screen...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by El_Cholo View Post
          Classic photo find.

Comment

heromaker...... I opened my gym in 1969 it remains open to this day run by one of the boxers that trained under me.
            The cups are made from steel, if his cup tented it must have been a cheap piece of equipment.
            Point being Ken can't beat Duran, Ken was a good boxer but Duran is an ATG lightweight.

If you want to try to hit him in the balls come on down. You see Ray Corso is my real name and I'm a very real person.

Ray
            They probably had plastic cups in those days, Kirkland Laing was not a ATG or world champion he beat Duran

Comment

Duran lost 16 times over his very long career, whats your point!
              (1968--2001) 103w 16L

"They probably had plastic cups in those days".............

Comments like this will keep your opinions laughable, go away!

Ray

Comment

So a woman is having an affair and her husband comes home, she tells the guy "quick get in the closet!" unfortunately she shuts the door in a hurry and leaves his rocks and knob hanging out the closet door...Husband walks in and says "Hey! what are those?" Wife says "Ohhh those? those are my new bell chimes." Husband says "Oh yeah? lets see if they ring" and he starts using the nuts as a speed bag until finally the poor guy says "Ding Dong ya batard!"

I guess the point is good thing that wasn't Duran who wanted to use the balls as a speedbag!

Comment

Duran lost 16 times over his very long career, whats your point!
                  (1968--2001) 103w 16L

"They probably had plastic cups in those days".............

Comments like this will keep your opinions laughable, go away!

Ray
                  Tell him how you really feel, Ray. LOL!

Comment

A thread started in 2012, and revived this year, I guess because The Ring magazine featured Ken Buchanan in its April issue and the always worth-reading-section “Best I faced”.

Ken about the low blow:
                    “… everything down there was swollen two, three times its normal size … my wife loved it … when the swelling went down, she left me.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
                      Ken about the low blow:
                      “… everything down there was swollen two, three times its normal size … my wife loved it … when the swelling went down, she left me.”
                      Buwahahahahahahahah!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X