No announcement yet.

Top 12 h2h heavyweights in history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardinal buck View Post
    vitali probably would beat lennox about 67% of the time. That lennox, anyway.
    tko6 tko6 tko6

Comment

An in shape Lennox wins that fight even more easily.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        Aside from the obvious point that Holyfield was past-it too, there's a BIG problem with your methodology. Using your method, Vitali Klitschko beats Lennox Lewis 67% of the time. Think HARD on that one.

Poet
        The winner always gets the majority share. The max chance a loser can get is 49.9%.

Now please give me a logical reason why Frazier deserves more than a 0% chance against a person he couldnt win a single round from?

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
          The winner always gets the majority share. The max chance a loser can get is 49.9%.

Now please give me a logical reason why Frazier deserves more than a 0% chance against a person he couldnt win a single round from?
          Give me one good reason why someone who shares exactly the same disadvantages vis-a-vis Foreman as Frazier does should have any better odds than Frazier does?

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            An in shape Lennox wins that fight even more easily.
            Of course Lennox does. It's not Lennox winning that's at issue, just the silly methodology being used here.

Poet

Comment

What percentage does Castillo get against Corrales after their first fight?

Comment

1. Ali
                2. Joeeeeee Louis
                3. Lennox Lewis
                4. Evander Holyfield
                5. George Foreman
                6. Sonny Liston
                7. Mike Tyson
                8. Larry Holmes
                9. Joe Frazier
                10. Jack Johnson
                11. Rocky Marciano
                12. Gene Tunney

It's hard doing a list like this, so many guys who are close in overall ability, and achievement, then others who looked better but did not achieve as much.

I've tried to pick on H2H basis, but that's not always possible

There is no room for the Klitschkos on my list, and in truth there are a couple of guys not on the list ahead of Wlad.

By the time he finishes his career, wlad might squeak into number 12, but I doubt he stays there too long.

Vitali has no chance of even making my top 15
                Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 12-24-2012, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  1. Ali
                  2. Joeeeeee Louis
                  3. Lennox Lewis
                  4. Evander Holyfield
                  5. George Foreman
                  6. Sonny Liston
                  7. Mike Tyson
                  8. Larry Holmes
                  9. Joe Frazier
                  10. Jack Johnson
                  11. Rocky Marciano
                  12. Gene Tunney
                  If I was going to make a list. I don't see what I would change.

Good list.

Comment

How quick did that bull**** figure spring to mind to try and get you out of that one?

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                      Give me one good reason why someone who shares exactly the same disadvantages vis-a-vis Foreman as Frazier does should have any better odds than Frazier does?

Poet
                      Because Mike Tyson has never been shut out in a fight the way Frazier has. At least Mike won the opening round against Lennox Lewis.

Frazier is a one-dimensional left hooker and doesnt have the right hands or uppercuts of a Mike Tyson. It baffles me how we are considering a guy who couldnt win a single round against the #2 fighter of his era.

Comment

Working...
                      X