No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson's relationship with Jim Jacobs turned bitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Do you have a source for the claim that Cus slept in the same bed with young boys? If so post it.
    It was a quote from Floyd Patterson and Jose Torres I think posted in another thread. I can look and pull it in here if you really want but it would just continue to dwell on this uncomfortable subject.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
      It was a quote from Floyd Patterson and Jose Torres I think posted in another thread. I can look and pull it in here if you really want but it would just continue to dwell on this uncomfortable subject.
      Yeah, I'd like to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
        Tyson was a con man's dream. There's easy pickens and there's hard. There's slim pickens and there's fat. Ol' Mike was Fat, Easy pickens.

It's a wonder Donking kept his salivating off camera. Tyson was probably the number one victim of King's career for sheer amount pilfered.

Mike was smart enough to learn boxing techniques. But boxing was his favorite subject by far. Then there were pigeons. Then there was pussi. Then there was nothing. I digress. My great grandson at five years old could give you all kinds of information on dozens of animals and their habits and habitats, because he was interested in that more than anything else.

But my old pal Billy is right AGAIN. It is probably more accurate to call Mike stupid than dumb. He did some awfully stupid things he was smart enough to avoid, but he was too stupid or too stubborn to step out of the way for them.

The thing where he was trying to sound like Donking with the nonstop stream of black man's jive that allows not another word in edgewise, showed a profound lack of maturity, something a boy would do, and it showed just how forcefully King had kidnapped "the boy's," personality and mentality. It was shocking. But then it was shocking too when he gave his co-interview with Robin Givens and was like a controlled zombie or a guilty little kid.

It is never easy to teach a pitbull to play violin. Like Tyson, it has too much testosterone.
        This post best describes the situation as I see it. Of course it is worth mentioning that the most intelligent people often do the stupidest things lol. But Mike was no genius, rather a boxing Savante. King knew how to play to a weakness, so as a Republican, a yes man thanking White America for the opportunity, he walks in and suddenly becomes a black nationalist to "kidnap" Mike as Lefty puts it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Like I said, there are many other coaches who took such interest in the young boxers under their care. Even driving them to tournaments and sharing hotel rooms with them.

I don't find that creepy in the least and don't get why Cus should get singled out for that. Not unless inappropriate behavior took place and there is actual proof of it.
          Well for one thing it was not Cus being spoken of it was Jacops. For another it was not in the rhealm of coaching, it was socializing with, hanging out socially together. If you look at Mike's relationship with his managers at that time and how Jacops responds to the interviewer, etc.

Cus was brought up as an example of some practices that were not questioned...I don't even remember which, sleeping in the same bed? or some such thing. But in my opinion it is Jacops, an adult, handball champ, and married family man who seemed to want to hang out with Mike, be his buddy. Thats what I am referring to.

Comment

Working...
          X