No announcement yet.

upcoming fab 4 tour

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
    Lighten-up, pal... loosen that collar a bit...
    Ha. Let me put it another way. I remember seeing a 60 y/o Joe Frazier in his ring gear. It didn't make for a good memory for me. And Joe wasn't even overweight. It's sad enough when I see old wrestlers do this.

Comment

Why not?!

He looks like Chiquita!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        I don't think Roberto Duran in boxing trunks at this time is a very good idea.
        Because he is in considerably less than fighting shape. I'd rather remember great champions looking the part.
        Lighten-up, pal... loosen that collar a bit...
        I agree. I'd rather see them looking like they are dignified in their older age and happy in their non boxing career by not dressing up in their old gear looking to try and relive their greatness for fans still stuck in the past. It was bad enough having to watch Duran fight into his 50's while remembering his greatness from earlier years. A bit like seeing Jones getting KTFO every fight today.

For some reason, I hate seeing old athletes still stuck in the past. Talking about it and telling stories is great, but doing exhibition fights and reliving it that way makes me sad. I like to see them having moved on, looking happy, enjoying their wealth that they hopefully still have a little bit of and being content in their post boxing life.

Comment

Ha. Let me put it another way. I remember seeing a 60 y/o Joe Frazier in his ring gear. It didn't make for a good memory for me. And Joe wasn't even overweight. It's sad enough when I see old wrestlers do this.
          Even if they're just doing exhibitions? And I take it you mean Frazier in his ring gear in that Thrilla in Manila documentary?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            I agree. I'd rather see them looking like they are dignified in their older age and happy in their non boxing career by not dressing up in their old gear looking to try and relive their greatness for fans still stuck in the past. It was bad enough having to watch Duran fight into his 50's while remembering his greatness from earlier years. A bit like seeing Jones getting KTFO every fight today.

For some reason, I hate seeing old athletes still stuck in the past. Talking about it and telling stories is great, but doing exhibition fights and reliving it that way makes me sad. I like to see them having moved on, looking happy, enjoying their wealth that they hopefully still have a little bit of and being content in their post boxing life.
            I couldn't agree more. That aside, what's your take (anyone's) on the following two videos clips?

[vbtube]EyPzHWZVj3k[/vbtube]

[vbtube]ElBTZ4dK368[/vbtube]

Comment

Working...
            X