No announcement yet.

Salido/Guerrero controversy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salido/Guerrero controversy?

First off, Salido fought and looked exactly the same as in every fight I've ever seen him in. He didn't look stronger, faster or anything. He was classic Salido and he won through grit and underrated combination punching and countering. He also landed the straight right over and over and over and over. One other big factor was that Guerrero fought inside the whole fight nearly. Terrible tactics.

Now, the big part: Immediately after the fight he was tested and was found to have minimal amounts of nandrolone in his system. He refuted it and asked for independent testing to be done not by the commission or under the promotion of Guerrero team (which the fight was done by) and it was found to be 100% negative by one of the most reputed blood testing labs in the US. It was also stated by that lab that the amounts found in his body from the previous test are consistent with those naturally produced by the body in times of stress (i.e., training up to a fight and then the fight, but would be gone by the following day if naturally occurring). If he had actually taken synthetic nandrolone it would have stayed in his body much longer and be easily traceable.

Nonetheless, he was stripped and suspended and the fight changed to a no contest. He has consistently asked for a rematch throughout the years to show he would do it again.

What say you guys? Normally I laugh at this stuff. For some bizarre reason I believe him. If you watch the fight, it was Salido's tactics that won it for him. Extra strength wouldn't have changed the decision. It was the way he used the skill he had that won him the fight. He's very good at fighting southpaws and I can't see what Guerrero could have done to beat him. I'd see it being just as bad or even worse today.

More dodgy politics or what?
    Last edited by BennyST; 08-11-2012, 05:53 AM.

The PED witch hunt gets way exaggerated. It's annoying. Salido beat Guerrero that night, period.

Comment

Who knows. It sounds feasible but I guess we'll just never know for sure.

Salido is one of my favourite active fighters. He was outstanding against Guerrero.

Comment

Working...
      X