Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Boxer Should Have a Film Made About them?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
    James Toney
    Hell no! He did in Ali, and he is too fat to be Smokin' Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      Yeah the domestic violence scene is going to be a nasty one, same with Louis if they show the whole beating over a golf score incident.

These things are insights into the men and cannot be ignored if the movie is about the person rather than the career.
      That's true maybe they can show it but not to the true brutal extent perhaps, like they did for Raging Bull.

Comment

i thought i remembered hearing that there was indeed a film about his life, but oscar bonavena was a wild one with the whores and such.

Comment

I'd like to see one on Spadafora played by Christian Bale. The problem is that there's not really any culmination unless he somehow comes back.

Comment

I'd like to see one on Spadafora played by Christian Bale. The problem is that there's not really any culmination unless he somehow comes back.
            An even bigger problem is that nobody cares about Paul Spadafora.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              An even bigger problem is that nobody cares about Paul Spadafora.

I'd agree, that is a problem.

Comment

^Micky Ward wasn't that popular before the movie. Spaddy got some HBO dates and had Pittsburgh behind him. Same s hit really.

Comment

^Micky Ward wasn't that popular before the movie. Spaddy got some HBO dates and had Pittsburgh behind him. Same s hit really.
                  He was. He was known by most casuals due to his triology with Gatti.

He was even on the cover of one of the Fight Night Playstation games.

Comment

okay, but do you think that's why people watched the movie? I think they watched it because it was a well made movie with a good cast and story. My mom watched it. Do you think she knew who the f uck Micky Ward was? I guarantee you the large majority of viewers didn't know who he was and and most of the few who did couldn't really care too much.

Comment

id like to see a movie about edwin valero. anyone else agree?

Comment

Working...
                      X