Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holyfield VS Haye at Cruiserweight: who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two simple points:

1) David Haye wouldn't come close to matching Holyfield's workrate at cruiserweight over 12 or 15 rounds.

2) Holyfield's chin was cast iron. Even if he were hurt or knocked down by Haye, it is unlikely that he'd be stopped.

Prediction: Holyfield by decision with a good possibility for a late grinding down type of TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
      Who gets the fight IYO? Holyfield decision? Haye knockout?

I am split down the middle TBH. People might knock Haye, but he was the undisputed Cruiserweight champ. Those same knockers might point out Holyfields HW legacy to stake a claim for his victory at Cruiserweight.

But this is only cruiserweight, not heavyweight.
      Holyfield beats Haye in every way possible. He could knock him out or he could decision. Either way Haye would lose this fight convincingly.

Comment

Holyfield takes this, he looked insane in the first Qawi fight and was able to maintain a war for 15 rounds, Holyfield breaks him down for a late stoppage IMO.

Comment

Lets put it this way, Holyfield wouldn't let his toe stop him from competing in a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
            Holyfield takes this, he looked insane in the first Qawi fight and was able to maintain a war for 15 rounds, Holyfield breaks him down for a late stoppage IMO.
            Considering the circumstances, I rate Holyfield beating Qawi in their first fight as one of the great performances in boxing history. If David Haye ever did anything remotely approaching that I need to be educated.

Comment

I totally agree with everyone, if Haye tries to match Holyfields work rate he gets KOed, if he goes into that defensive shell 118-110 Holyfield

Comment

David Haye couldn't beat the Olympics version of Evander Holyfield.

Comment

Working...
                X