Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are old school fighters better than present day fighters??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Tell it to Tyrell Biggs, Henry Tillman, and Howard Davis.
    Poet, I'm noticing a pattern with you where every few weeks you respond to my posts with something you think is smart, then get owned and drift away.

Anyway, you just named former title contenders, one of whom was a cokehead. They all got paid off boxing. They all were way ahead of the curve. Few fighters can do what they did if you take the entire sport into account. For every Sergio Martinez, there are countless guys with little am experience who you'll never hear about. For every Tyrell Biggs, there's a Roy Jones or Andre Ward. And Biggs still was a legit contender and made good money off of boxing despite being coked out. I'd trade careers with Biggs in a second and my future is supposedly brighter than almost everyone's to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
      I'd trade careers with Biggs in a second
      So you're saying you want to scream like a woman and have a bust for a pro career? :thinking9:

Comment

The athletes get better every generation boxing is no different.

Comment

Yes, I would take Tyrell Biggs' career. I'd win a couple fights on HBO, make a million or two, and get beaten to a pulp by Tyson. I'd then retire rather than become a journeyman. I'd spend the rest of my life golfing, going to the beach, and cavorting with the women who cherish C list celebrities.

Comment

Yes, I would take Tyrell Biggs' career. I'd win a couple fights on HBO, make a million or two, and get beaten to a pulp by Tyson. I'd then retire rather than become a journeyman. I'd spend the rest of my life golfing, going to the beach, and cavorting with the women who cherish C list celebrities.

I have no awareness of Biggs' current situation. But I'd be willing to bet it isn't nearly as lavish as you suggest. You hear about how much money these guys get, but by the time everyone gets their cut and expenses are paid it is way less.
            Last edited by Scott9945; 05-22-2012, 11:19 PM.

Comment

I didn't suggest Biggs is currently rich. I'm pretty sure he's close to broke and read that he was a few years ago. If I were given his opportunities, I wouldn't end up blowing the money. He definitely earned a decent amount.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                So you're saying you want to scream like a woman and have a bust for a pro career? :thinking9:

Ouch.

Comment

I didn't suggest Biggs is currently rich. I'm pretty sure he's close to broke and read that he was a few years ago. If I were given his opportunities, I wouldn't end up blowing the money. He definitely earned a decent amount.
                  And once again, if you had the actual amount of money that Biggs made, you'd still need a full time job to sustain yourself. No life of golf, beaches, and women wanting some of you. It's easy to be prudent with money that you never had.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                    The athletes get better every generation boxing is no different.
                    No, equipment, playing surfaces and PED's get better every year. And boxing is different because the talent pool is more shallow than it use to be and fighters don't fight as often.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      No, equipment, playing surfaces and PED's get better every year. And boxing is different because the talent pool is more shallow than it use to be and fighters don't fight as often.
                      Yes equipment, and drugs have gotten better so has nutrition and strength and conditioning. So have athletes, in every sport Football Basketball Hockey etc guys are bigger faster and stronger and the numbers are there to back it up, Boxing is no different

Comment

Working...
                      X