No announcement yet.

Idea for for new forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McGrain View Post
    I'm not so regular here, but just to point out that this thread is kind of proof that "history type" posters aren't all that better behaved than "now posters". It's not a real thing. There are fewer *******s because there are fewer posters. I don't know what "500 likes" is but I know that a forum that is very small dies and a forum that is big has *******s. You just have to live with it i'm afraid.

Over at the other place, a new forum, *************, was created by some of the most respected posters there. They all got bans from the other place and everyone posted at *************. Supposedly respected, liked, neutral posters who would behave. The place absolutely tore itself to pieces. People were going nuts. There was more drama than could be believed.

The moral (if there is one): be happy with what you got. This is a good forum, the main boxing page is OK, little argy bargy sometimes but not to bad. Arguably better than the other place. And this history section, JAB has done a great job of building it up.

Instead of demanding a new environment (Which won't work anyway - read the thread, the previous "exclusive" zone has failed miserably, right?) work to make your existing one better.
    Do you ever go to NSB?

Comment

Northampton School For Boys?

Nah friend, I don't even know what that is?

Comment

The main section on this forum. Its a zoo, but no different really than any other sites main section. They're good for ****s and giggles, but it tough to have an intelligent conversation without a troll dropping in.

Comment

Non Stop Boxing, the reason I started the thread. Can't have a decent conversation there.

Comment

I've had decent conversations there.

I do think that these places are being affected by the Pac/Money situation. I wish, wish they would fight, it would improve these places so much (and for loads of other good reasons!).

Comment

I've had decent conversations there.

I do think that these places are being affected by the Pac/Money situation. I wish, wish they would fight, it would improve these places so much (and for loads of other good reasons!).
              Lucky you then. I stopped posting there, when I realized the majority of people had no idea of the difference between fighting on the inside and at midrange.

Comment

I'm not so regular here, but just to point out that this thread is kind of proof that "history type" posters aren't all that better behaved than "now posters". It's not a real thing. There are fewer *******s because there are fewer posters. I don't know what "500 likes" is but I know that a forum that is very small dies and a forum that is big has *******s. You just have to live with it i'm afraid.

Over at the other place, a new forum, *************, was created by some of the most respected posters there. They all got bans from the other place and everyone posted at *************. Supposedly respected, liked, neutral posters who would behave. The place absolutely tore itself to pieces. People were going nuts. There was more drama than could be believed.

The moral (if there is one): be happy with what you got. This is a good forum, the main boxing page is OK, little argy bargy sometimes but not to bad. Arguably better than the other place. And this history section, JAB has done a great job of building it up.

Instead of demanding a new environment (Which won't work anyway - read the thread, the previous "exclusive" zone has failed miserably, right?) work to make your existing one better.

while i disagree that a light humored discussion about I could care less and I Couldnt care less is anything similar to NSB's fighter and poster insulting, I completely agree that there is no need for anything new.

as one person has in their sig, it is not that power corrupts, but that the corruptible is attracted to power. the simple existence of an elite troll free lounge is nothing more then an excuse to troll said lounge for some.

so the question that remains, will favoritism of said trolls by mods, as some blatant trolls are mods (anorak, bringer), be accepted when others would be banned?

there is no reason to create something new when much less effort can be put into updating something that already exists.

especially when those who condone favoritism lead said lounge on its path to failure.
                Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 05-20-2012, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                  Lucky you then. I stopped posting there, when I realized the majority of people had no idea of the difference between fighting on the inside and at midrange.
                  Some people do, some people don't. But that's the same as any detail on any forum on any subject.

Comment

they need to revamp and open up the VIP only letting non spamming, legitimate boxing discussions in there

sorry larry

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post

so the question that remains, will favoritism of said trolls by mods, as some blatant trolls are mods (anorak, bringer), be accepted when others would be banned?
                      Show me a thread in which I was trolling that I've created since becoming a moderator.

Furthermore, show me a thread in which I show favoritism towards trolls.

I'll wait.

Comment

Working...
                      X