No announcement yet.

Idea for for new forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
    See all this? This is the opposite of correct.

Also, I don't think we need much more than the History Today thread.
    Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
    as your argument for rating jack johnson lower is quite valid, i personally look up to him as a hero and Im sorry but i couldnt rate jack johnson any lower then i do.
    Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
    Okay, that's great. It's still "I couldn't care less."
    So my english was correct?

Comment

Two out of three of the senior mods I contacted shut down the idea of posting threads of upcoming fights in the history section. Didn't get word yet from the third, but majority rules and I have to respect their opinions. That's all I can do for this topic but wish luck to wmute in trying to get a closed section with no trolling. Sorry fella's.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Two out of three of the senior mods I contacted shut down the idea of posting threads of upcoming fights in the history section. Didn't get word yet from the third, but majority rules and I have to respect their opinions. That's all I can do for this topic but wish luck to wmute in trying to get a closed section with no trolling. Sorry fella's.
        who should I ask whether it is feasible?

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
          who should I ask whether it is feasible?
          I believe boxingscene is the most senior of the senior mods but may be wrong. Ironically he's the one who hasn't gotten back to me yet, but its still been less than 24hrs. Id try speaking with everyone I could contact.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Maybe JAB should create a thread in here whenever there is a signifikant fight so it can be discussed among the history section user. Or better make an alt and have that account make the threads. That would have the advantage of being able to put unwanted posters on ignore.
            I think that would work fairly well if the new forum idea doesn't work out.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
              So my english was correct?
              kinda, the reality is that the origins of the statement is "I could careless" here in the united states. as to be careless is to be free of cares. and to not be careless would to be full of cares.

the longer answer is that I could care Less means that you could care less and that I couldnt care less means that you couldnt care less.

similar to hot and cold "this room is hotter then the other". how hot are the rooms? you have no clue, one could be -99 and one could be -100.

its a way to convey that you care and where that caring is likely to head, whether you could care more or care less.

If you were trying trying to convey that you dont care at all, the most correct english would be "I Don't Care At All"

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                I believe boxingscene is the most senior of the senior mods but may be wrong. Ironically he's the one who hasn't gotten back to me yet, but its still been less than 24hrs. Id try speaking with everyone I could contact.
                All four of us are equals, and take eachother into consideration for everything.

With that said.. I am working on a vip section where only OG posters will be allowed in, however it will be a combination of lounge and boxing talk.

But it will be a no flaming section... 3 strikes you're out kind of thing. Making an alt would do nothing, your account has to be given access by an admin.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED View Post
                  All four of us are equals, and take eachother into consideration for everything.

With that said.. I am working on a vip section where only OG posters will be allowed in, however it will be a combination of lounge and boxing talk.

But it will be a no flaming section... 3 strikes you're out kind of thing. Making an alt would do nothing, your account has to be given access by an admin.
                  that would be awesome, id check a forum like that everyday, would remind me of when i first got here

Comment

ive allways thought that the whole team classic was akin to a bunch of 3rd graders making a club, this dosnt sound much diffrent.

and really the whole 3 strikes your out rule should apply to the whole forum, not just your little group. and to go with this i feel the effort put into creating and maintaining this could be much better spent improving the entire forum instead of making a group to feel 1337 while you alienate new comers.

though overall im sure there are people out there that would be really interested in this and it sounds like a great idea for them, just not me.
                    Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 05-17-2012, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea to me Couldn't you guys just reopen the old VIP section? I think that place died ages back, the people who your supposed to get passwords off don't even seem to post here anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X