Collapse
No announcement yet.

ali qoutes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.
    Muhammad Ali---hard to believe he said that actually

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
    Muhammad Ali --my favorite Ali quote

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.
    Muhammad Ali

My toughest fight was with my first wife.
    Muhammad Ali

Comment

If Joe Louis said he was teh greatest a million times, people would call him the greatest too.

Comment

If Joe Louis said he was teh greatest a million times, people would call him the greatest too.
        Joe Louis was told to be quiet and humble to avoid hatred and resentment by white people. I can't imagine how Ali would be percieved if he were boxing in Louis's day.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
          Joe Louis was told to be quiet and humble to avoid hatred and resentment by white people. I can't imagine how Ali would be percieved if he were boxing in Louis's day.
          he'd be another jack johnson.

Comment

when he invaded listons camp..
            "man i dont get hit, im the fastest thing on two feet.."
            reporter:the champ said he pay u to spar with him 100 dollars..
            clay:"ill make a better offer than that, ill fight the champ for nothing."

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow
              when he invaded listons camp..
              "man i dont get hit, im the fastest thing on two feet.."
              reporter:the champ said he pay u to spar with him 100 dollars..
              clay:"ill make a better offer than that, ill fight the champ for nothing."
              "The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - My favourite.

"Wars of nations are fought to change maps. But wars of poverty are fought to map change."

"Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights?"

"If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to my people, they wouldn't have to draft me, I'd join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I'll go to jail, so what? We've been in jail for 400 years."

"Aint no vietcong ever called me ******"

"I am America. I am the part you won't recognize. But get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me."

Comment

Being a huge Sugar Ray Roinson fan, my favorite Ali quote is when he said Pound for Pound, Sugar Ray Robinson is the greatest fighter who ever lived. He also called Sugar Ray My master my Hero.

Comment

here's an interview of young clay before he fights doug jones.

Originally posted by Cassius Clay
                  I'm not worried about Doug Jones. He is just another warm-up before I get to Liston. I'm not thinking about Doug Jones!
                  Originally posted by Reporter
                  Doesn't seem like you really care about this fight.
                  This bum will fall in six, and I might cut it to three!
                  Originally posted by Reporter
                  This fella Jones might upset you, though.
                  If he upsets me I will retire!
                  lol!

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
                    oh, yeah he did call chuvalo that! but i didn't know he called terrel that. why did he?
                    Chuvalo was hitting his opponent who had nearly fallen out of the ropes, so Chuvalo began to wallop downwards like a woman pushing a wet shirt down a washboard.

That's why he called him a washerwoman.

Ali was at ringside watching the fight, Chuvalo was to be his next opponent - IF he won that night. Ali was still skinny for a heavyweight and Angelo Dundee many years later acnkowledged that Ali wasn't quite ready for Chuvalo.

So....a few months later, when Ali was addressing the press about a fight (not against Chuvalo, he had decided against it), Chuvalo showed up dressed as a Washerwoman. He said that if Ali was too afraid to fight a George Chuvalo, he should fight him as a washwoman.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopySmurf
                      Chuvalo was hitting his opponent who had nearly fallen out of the ropes, so Chuvalo began to wallop downwards like a woman pushing a wet shirt down a washboard.

That's why he called him a washerwoman.

Ali was at ringside watching the fight, Chuvalo was to be his next opponent - IF he won that night. Ali was still skinny for a heavyweight and Angelo Dundee many years later acnkowledged that Ali wasn't quite ready for Chuvalo.

So....a few months later, when Ali was addressing the press about a fight (not against Chuvalo, he had decided against it), Chuvalo showed up dressed as a Washerwoman. He said that if Ali was too afraid to fight a George Chuvalo, he should fight him as a washwoman.
                      yeah, i knew clay didn't want to fight chuvalo at that time, cause he saw him pumelling that guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X