• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill Beat Him So Bad He'll Need A Shoe Horn To Put His Hat On

-muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules
      Actually his best quote was a question. He and Terrell stopped at an all black college in the South a couple of years before Ali won the title. He was lecturing the students, asking rhetorical questions, like:

"If you see a Chinaman, what country does a Chinaman come from, or a Canadian, what country does a Canadian come from? Now what country does a Negro come from? The Chinaman comes from China, and the Canadian comes from Canada, now what country is called Negro?

One of the students looks at Ali and says, "I don't know, but I don't know of no country called white folks neither."

Ali promptly grabbed Terrell in disgust and said "C'mon, let's get out of her."

Another time he was feeling cocky after boarding the plane and the stewardess came by to tell him to buckle his seat belt.

Ali: "Superman don't need no seatbelt."

Stewardess: "Superman don't need no plane."

Ali buckled.
      you sure thats true? i heard he was scared of flying

Comment

But if I ever was to get in the ring with Joe, here's what you might see. Ali comes out to meet Frazier, but Frazier starts to retreat. If Joe back up an inch farther, he'll wind up in a ringside seat. Ali swings with his left. Ali swings with his right. Just look at the kid carry the fight. Frazier keeps backin', but there's not enough room. It's only a matter of time before Ali lowers the boom. Ali swings with his right. What a beautiful swing. But the punch lifts Frazier clean out of the ring. Frazier still rising, and the referee wears a frown 'cause he can't start countin' till Frazier comes down. Frazier's disappeared from view. The crowd is getting frantic. But our radar stations done picked him up. He's somewheres over the Atlantic. Now, who would've thought, when they came to the fight, they was gonna witness the launching of a black satellite? But don't wait for that fight. It ain't never gonna happen. The onliest thing you can do is wonder and imagine

Comment

Originally posted by random guy
          But if I ever was to get in the ring with Joe, here's what you might see. Ali comes out to meet Frazier, but Frazier starts to retreat. If Joe back up an inch farther, he'll wind up in a ringside seat. Ali swings with his left. Ali swings with his right. Just look at the kid carry the fight. Frazier keeps backin', but there's not enough room. It's only a matter of time before Ali lowers the boom. Ali swings with his right. What a beautiful swing. But the punch lifts Frazier clean out of the ring. Frazier still rising, and the referee wears a frown 'cause he can't start countin' till Frazier comes down. Frazier's disappeared from view. The crowd is getting frantic. But our radar stations done picked him up. He's somewheres over the Atlantic. Now, who would've thought, when they came to the fight, they was gonna witness the launching of a black satellite? But don't wait for that fight. It ain't never gonna happen. The onliest thing you can do is wonder and imagine
          hell yeah!LOL!

muhamad could've been a rapper if he was in our era... better than RJJ!

Comment

he couldve been a pimp

Comment

I still like his conversation with Joe Louis;

Ali: Joe, do you think you coulda' beat me?

Louis: When I was champ, I went on the "bum-of-the-month" tour.

Ali: Joe, are you calling me a bum!?

Louis: You'd be on the tour.

Or his nicknames for other fighters:

Joe Louis = Slow Louis

Sonny Liston = Big Ugly Bear

Joe Frazier = The Gorilla

Earnie Shavers = Acorn

Comment

Reporter: This is Cassius Clay. Hes young, hes handsome...
                (Ali interruptes): They know it!

Female Reporter: What's wrong with you? What are your faults?
                Ali: Well, I have a lot of faults...
                FR: What's the worst one?
                Ali: I cant tell you my worst fault because I'm married.

My favorite: We blacks even use the same kinda soap as you white folks. Dove is a white bird. You dont see us using no 'Crow' soap, now do you?

(this one makes me kinda sad) ( Ali moves Mark Kram's hand over his forehead after his 3rd fight with Frazier, Kram feels all the bumps and Ali says) "Why I do this?"

Ali: Why should I go off and fight for you there when you won't even fight for me here?

Comment

Originally posted by Imira
                  I still like his conversation with Joe Louis;

Ali: Joe, do you think you coulda' beat me?

Louis: When I was champ, I went on the "bum-of-the-month" tour.

Ali: Joe, are you calling me a bum!?

Louis: You'd be on the tour.

Or his nicknames for other fighters:

Joe Louis = Slow Louis

Sonny Liston = Big Ugly Bear

Joe Frazier = The Gorilla

Earnie Shavers = Acorn
                  Floyd Patterson = The Rabbit

Larry Holmes = The Peanut

Comment

cassius clay in 1962 when interviewed about fighting archie moore: "the way i see it, that old man couldn't go but, four rounds with me...man, why don't somebody give him a pension or something man, he's too old, man he's old enough to be my grandaddy!" lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
                      Floyd Patterson = The Rabbit

Larry Holmes = The Peanut
                      LOL! I couldn't remember what he called Patterson.

Comment

Working...
                      X