Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters you picked to be great, and you were wrong...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    you might be able to keep your dignity in the eyes of the NSB saying stuff like "hearns is as well rounded as paul williams, and hagler as well rounded as joe frazier,"
    That was almost as good as "Sam Peter is a bigger better version of Joe Frazier" from a while back :hahahaha9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
      jermain taylor for sure.

juanma lopez isnt done yet but getting beat by salido surprised me.

making a leap here obviously
      but i think he's all done

too big for FW
      too easy to tag for LW
      no money at 130

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        That was almost as good as "Sam Peter is a bigger better version of Joe Frazier" from a while back :hahahaha9:

Poet

christ

that's really selling an ATG like peter very short

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          Yeah, sometimes it does seem pointless to point out that the post essentially contradicted itself.

What I think is that the entire thread shows the "nuthugger" mentality......They have no clue what "well-rounded" means and they don't care: All they know is that it's being used complimentary and if there are compliments being handed out then there boy is the bestest ever at it. And they'll twist the meaning of everything until terms mean their opposite so that they can force those terms to conform to the fighter they're nuthugging :hahahaha9:

I'd be willing to bet if you made a thread talking about the hardest ever puncher from Featherweight to Welterweight those same nuthuggers would try and twist what "hardest ever puncher" means to get it to fit Floyd :hahahaha9:

Poet
          lmao good point.

A hard punch is only "hard" if it connects flush. Floyd has amazing accuracy so chances are he's probably landing harder than many of the so called "power punchers"...just kidding.....
          Last edited by them_apples; 02-09-2012, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
            lmao good point.

A hard punch is only "hard" if it connects flush. Floyd has amazing accuracy to chances are he's probably landing harder than many of the so called "power punchers"...just kidding.....
            :hahahaha9: :hahahaha9: :hahahaha9:

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              christ

that's really selling an ATG like peter very short
              hehehehehe

Comment

I thought Alex Ramos would be something special. And I bought into Bojado as well.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  Zab Judah. He came up way short. Victor Ortiz too but he can still redeem himself unlike Zab.
                  Sigh me too... I got so suckered in. The guy seemed to have it all. Except for having the brains of a bacteria.

Comment

I thought Herbie Hide was going to do a lot better than he did,he had all the tools apart from a solid chin,which was accentuated by fighting above his natural weight class for most of his career,i can understand his reasons for doing so though

Comment

Don Curry, sure he made it pretty far, but with the right mindset he might have gone quite a bit further.

Riddick Bowe, see above.

Comment

Working...
                      X