Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would be your ultimate pick at 147 to beat Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's several I'd pick at 147 to beat Mayweather; but Robinson, Leonard, and Hearns I'd pick to knock him out. Let's face it: 147 is NOT Floyd's best weight by any stretch of the imagination.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
      Why not? Pressure style, good combinations and very strong, why does he not match up well with Mayweather, I see him putting too much pressure on Mayweather to be honest
      I suppose that could cause difficulty but I just don't fancy rugged aggressive fighters like Basilio coping well with Floyd's precision. Basilio's best chance is to hope his face doesn't get turned into Ragu sauce and outwork and outhustle Floyd which I think is a definite possibility.

I just don't know on this match, I just see speedy lead rights in my head. Floyd moving, never standing still to let Basilio work on him. Hit and clinch/step all the time.

Comment

Bear in mind previous generations of boxing judges are unlikely to be as generous towards Floyd's potshotting and avoiding engaging his opponent.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          Bear in mind previous generations of boxing judges are unlikely to be as generous towards Floyd's potshotting and avoiding engaging his opponent.

Poet
          Yeah that did piss me off, especially in the Hatton fight.

Oh wow Floyd's landed a good punch *hold*.

Comment

Poet
            If only they didn't decide to have a night off for the Harold Johnson-Pastrano fight because if anyone ever want's to see the most blatant display of a fighter wearing his track shoes then just watch that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              If only they didn't decide to have a night off for the Harold Johnson-Pastrano fight because if anyone ever want's to see the most blatant display of a fighter wearing his track shoes then just watch that fight.

Comment

Case in point: Watch Duran-Leonard II. Leonard's potshotting and showboating didn't exactly translate into a huge lead on the cards.

Poet

Comment

Case in point: Watch Duran-Leonard II. Leonard's potshotting and showboating didn't exactly translate into a huge lead on the cards.

Poet
                  Yeah.

Leonard's "lead" is blown out of proportion anyway.

Comment

Yeah.

Leonard's "lead" is blown out of proportion anyway.
                    Two rounds max.

Duran was definitely ill-prepared for that bout though, he just didn't look sharp. Although there were rounds when he did land some good shots on Leonard after getting him on the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                      Bit of a generic pick but Tommy Hearns really is the man best equipped too beat Floyd.
                      There's lots I'd pick at 47, but if I had to bet my house, it's Tommy.

Comment

Working...
                      X