Robberies?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    I scored it 8-4 to Marquez.

Put that into context with my scores of 114-113 to Pacquiao in the first fight and a draw in the second.
    I thought it was closer than Lara-Williams, Helenius-Chisora, and Sturm-Macklin should have been. Lara gave Williams a beating and Chisora won nine rounds minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
      I notice a lot of people using the expression "close fight"

It doesn't matter how close a fight was if the outcome was predetermined.
      That's what a robbery is........
      I think we are delving into the world of conspiracy theory here.

The Whitaker-Chavez fight is perhaps the only robbery on the list. I can't say this for certain, though, as there are a few fights I haven't seen.

And I feel the same way as the poster who said he is dumbfounded that so many think Hagler was robbed against Leonard.

Comment

I don't mind if anyone scored it for Leonard, hence I wouldn't call it a robbery. Gotta be like 4 points the other way to be considered a Robbery.

Now Hagler vs Antufermo I was a robbery.

Comment

I am suprised Spinks-Holmes I is in the orig list but not Spinks-Holmes II.

Comment

Just watched the Sturm-De La Hoya fight. That may have been the biggest robbery I've ever seen.

Comment

I will never understand the controversy surrounding Hopkins vs. Calzaghe.
              It frequently enter these discussions but i just don't see how it's close to controversial let alone a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
                It doesn't matter how close a fight was if the outcome was predetermined.
                That's what a robbery is........
                Pure speculation.

A robbery is when a fighter who has clearly won isn't awarded the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                  I will never understand the controversy surrounding Hopkins vs. Calzaghe.
                  It frequently enter these discussions but i just don't see how it's close to controversial let alone a robbery.
                  Especially since everyone who scored it for Hopkins seemed to have it 114-113.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    I thought it was closer than Lara-Williams, Helenius-Chisora, and Sturm-Macklin should have been. Lara gave Williams a beating and Chisora won nine rounds minimum.
                    I thought Sturm-Macklin was closer than Pacquaio-Marquez.

I felt Macklin did win the fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
                      Pure speculation.

A robbery is when a fighter who has clearly won isn't awarded the decision.
                      how am i speculatin??

A robbery is where one fighter had no way of winning without a ko.
                      I think you misunderstand what I'm saying.

Do you really believe marquez was gonna get given that fight without a ko?
                      What about chisora??
                      Matthysse is another guy who gets screwed over a lot......

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                      I think we are delving into the world of conspiracy theory here.

The Whitaker-Chavez fight is perhaps the only robbery on the list. I can't say this for certain, though, as there are a few fights I haven't seen.

And I feel the same way as the poster who said he is dumbfounded that so many think Hagler was robbed against Leonard.
                      Conspiracy theory?? You are either delusional or naive......
                      Boxing is dirty as **** it always has been, where you been on the moon???
                      On a side note I also had leonard beating hagler

Bottom line is promotors pay the ref and judges wages, if that ain't a conflict of intrest i don't know what is.....

Comment

Working...
                      X