Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone on either Klits resume beat Ali?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etlux
    no one Ali fought beats Vitali Klitschko, but someone Vitali Klitschko fought could beat Ali: Lennox Lewis. And before you cry foul and get butthurt there's someone that has fought Ali and fought common opponents with Lewis that agrees with this statement: George Foreman - who has stated that Lewis is the greatest heavyweight of all time.
    we kno why foreman said that. he doesnt like ali. he never has. next time choose an unbiased source.

Comment

Ali is the best Heavyweight of all time

Comment

Yet another moment where the NSB overflows and spills into the history section.

Comment

On paper Lewis has an advantage over Ali in every single aspect except speed.

Honestly I could see lewis TKO'ing Ali with ease. 2 different eras, 2 different athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
            Yet another moment where the NSB overflows and spills into the history section.
            But for the sake of conversation,

No!

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
              On paper Lewis has an advantage over Ali in every single aspect except speed.

Honestly I could see lewis TKO'ing Ali with ease. 2 different eras, 2 different athletes.
              When you make such an outlandish statement you have to back it up

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
                When you make such an outlandish statement you have to back it up
                Watch a few LL fights and it should be clear as daylight

btw, your top 10 just proves how little you know about the sport.

Comment

lennox lewis would obviously have the best shot

he beat vitali pretty soundly, considering the condition he left vitali's face.

i think his power and his sheer size and physical strength would give ali problems

before his layoff he wasnt overly physical, and i'm sure he'd be forced to box for 15 rounds, which i think he would, to a decision

later on in his career, when his legs slowed, he had a tendency to lay on the ropes and pull his opponents head down to take a break instead of using the ring

that wouldn't work against a monster like lennox lewis
                  he's too strong and tall to get his head pulled down
                  and he's got huge punches that he can throw inside that dont have to be straight (his uppercut, his looping right hand)

i think lewis would give a stern test to post layoff ali, but again
                  i dont think he would win.

ali had a terrific chin, terrific recooperative powers, a style that scored points, and he'd win the jabbing contest.

lewis patient style and favored distance would still favor ali, who was a serious operator from that far away.

Comment

Originally posted by etlux
                    convenient dismissal
                    Hard to take him seriously when he's bitter about his loss to Ali. Didn't he say he was poisoned?

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                      Watch a few LL fights and it should be clear as daylight

btw, your top 10 just proves how little you know about the sport.
                      Naa not really, Ali's speeds and jab win the fight, even if Lewis wins hes not "easily tkoing" him BTW theres nothing wrong with my top 10 would you care to elaborate why my "I know little about the sport"

Comment

Working...
                      X