Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was a better role model for Black people? Louis or Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted Ali since all the masses that he captured... But Joe is better but not that famous...

Comment

I'm still curious though about the white to black ratio of the poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
        I voted for joe louis but then again I'm a white person
        Bro colour doesn't mean ****!

You know who is a good role model for black people, human beings that are doing right in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post

You know who is a good role model for black people, human beings that are doing right in the world.
          Absolutely dude. People trying to make separations based on color is ****ing stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post

Actually friend color means an awful lot especially to those that haven't been white. Things aren't as simple as you want them to be, granted I wish the world were this simple but it isn't. The fact is the color of one's skin makes a difference from how one is accepted, to what kind of justice you receive, or how much money you can make.

I'm not angered by this is fact, it is what it is, but to deny it, to act as if "white privilege" is a delusion of Louis C.K. is amazingly naive. I chose the figure that meant the most to me as an African American and stated as much.
            Last edited by Slip Stream; 12-08-2011, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Joe Louis was a credit to his race, the human race.

And my ethnicity matters not considering both were African Americans anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                I'm still curious though about the white to black ratio of the poll.
                I'm white and I voted Louis.

But I'm not an American

Comment

A Role Model is defined based on personal beliefs. But it is painfully obvious that Joe Louis was a much better and kinder human being than the man named Muhammad Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
                    A Role Model is defined based on personal beliefs. But it is painfully obvious that Joe Louis was a much better and kinder human being than the man named Muhammad Ali.
                    Wait...you're telling me that you DON'T like Ali?

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                      Wait...you're telling me that you DON'T like Ali?
                      I firmly believe that Ali was being used by the NoI. He was their greatest tool. As great as a fighter he was, Elijah Muhammad took his hand, crammed it up Ali's ass and worked him like a puppet for most of his career. And he wasnt very nice either.

Comment

Working...
                      X