Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Champions born or made?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Ruiz became a HW champ. He was really nothing special at all talent wise, major over achiever.

And dude who said marciano had no talent, are you kidding me? Sure he wasn't the most technical but he had underrated boxing skills. He wouldn't be 49-0 if that were the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
      John Ruiz became a HW champ. He was really nothing special at all talent wise, major over achiever.

And dude who said marciano had no talent, are you kidding me? Sure he wasn't the most technical but he had underrated boxing skills. He wouldn't be 49-0 if that were the case.
      Marciano was one of the most raw ever when he started, he really had zero boxing talent but high talent as an athlete. Once he was a finished product he was underrated skill-wise, but it did not come from talent. Most rigorously trained fighter to this day, just insane endurance and willingness to put in the hard work.

Comment

I like Marciano.

But he said it himself that he had no talent. He wasn't like Ali, in other words.

Comment

The fire inside someones heart, that burns intensely, that drives them to succed, to never give up.

The mentality to get better and better until you have reached your limits, then to break past that wall and get better and better still, is not something that can be taught. You have it or you dont. Although there are talents like speed, timing, balance, etc, i think the burning desire that exists only in a champions heart is the most important thing. All the others can be worked around.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
            Marciano was one of the most raw ever when he started, he really had zero boxing talent but high talent as an athlete. Once he was a finished product he was underrated skill-wise, but it did not come from talent. Most rigorously trained fighter to this day, just insane endurance and willingness to put in the hard work.
            Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            I like Marciano.

But he said it himself that he had no talent. He wasn't like Ali, in other words.
            I'm assuming you guys know this already but didn't Marciano start Boxing at the age of 20? That should be considered and it actually shows how talented Marciano was to be able to become a World Champion still

Comment

To me, you can work on the reflexes, power, conditioning, all that good stuff but if you don't have the drive you don't have drive. The desire and determination to be the best and stay the best has to be in you from the start.

Comment

Rocky Marciao hit like a truck, that's talent.

He was born with the ability. Like Tedd Atlas likes to say; "Punchers are born", IMO.

You could take a baseball bat to the ring and you still wouldn't knock him out, that's another talent he was blessed with.

Rocky Marciano was born to be a fighter, no doubt about it.

Of course he had talent.

Comment

Pacquiao was born and all champions ever are his children.

Comment

Born. The very greatest are born. The crappy ABC 'champions' of today are made. The true champions were born. The reason being that back when it actually meant something to be a champion, you needed both dedication, and the natural talent. If you were missing either you had no hope at all. Today, you have lots of hope. Rios, talent but a bit of a lack of dedication. Would have been wiped out by guys with similar talent but much more dedication decades ago.

Champions are born with the will, dedication and the skill and natural talent to succeed as a fighter.

The dedication and will to succeed is as much a part of their make up as the physical skill to be able to succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      Pacquiao was born and all champions ever are his children.
                      Cool story bro.

Comment

Working...
                      X