Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My alltime heavyweight top 25. Whats yours?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    OK so because Jack Johnson and Jack Dempsey wouldn't beat the Klitschko's they can't rank higher?

What's with the H2H rank being brought into the history section? It's ridiculous.
    maybe Johnson wouldn't beat Wlad but he would certainly give Vitali a go, look what Byrd did to Vitali. Dempsey would also have a shot to beat both based on his power alone.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
      maybe Johnson wouldn't beat Wlad but he would certainly give Vitali a go, look what Byrd did to Vitali. Dempsey would also have a shot to beat both based on his power alone.
      I wasn't saying they wouldn't beat them.

I was just making a point to clarify that fantasy H2H matchups do not have any implication n greatness. You have one chance to achieve greatness and that is in your era. It doesn't make a difference whether or not you would potentially beat this and that fighter, because you didn't.

That was the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
        Tyson is not necessarily a "greater" heavyweight than Foreman, I rank him a notch above because his KO's have left a more lasting impression on me. I think Tyson's predatory urgency in dispatching his opponents is unparalelled. The two are so close, however, I could post a list next week (I hate ties, BTW) and rank Foreman above by virtue of his higher KO percentage.
        Have you seen a prime Foreman's KOs? They were certainly as quick and brutal as you could ask for.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          Have you seen a prime Foreman's KOs? They were certainly as quick and brutal as you could ask for.

Poet
          Foreman's wins over Frazier and Norton were more impressive than anything Tyson ever did. Sorry to those who find that painful to accept.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post

Poet
            How could I not? Norton and Frazier were spectacular, the latter in particular. Foreman litterally lifted him off his feet with an uppercut! I can still hear Howard Cosell's call: "Down goes Frazier! down goes Frazier! down goes Frazier!" This is enshrined among other sports classics like "The Giants win the pennat!" and "I can't believe what I just saw!"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Foreman's wins over Frazier and Norton were more impressive than anything Tyson ever did. Sorry to those who find that painful to accept.
              Tyson's one of my favorite fighters, but that is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                I tend to agree with you but Tyson's ko of berbick where he fell got up then fell again from one punch is pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                  I tend to agree with you but Tyson's ko of berbick where he fell got up then fell again from one punch is pretty impressive.
                  berbick was no frazier or Norton though

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                    Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                    berbick was no frazier or Norton though
                    Berbick not being Frazier or Norton is not Tyson's fault and should not detract from the magnitude or quality of a KO victory that made him the youngest to capture the heavyweight title.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
                      Berbick not being Frazier or Norton is not Tyson's fault and should not detract from the magnitude or quality of a KO victory that made him the youngest to capture the heavyweight title.
                      Sure it does. The quality of the opponent you knock out is always going to factor. You don't get credit for a spectacular KO over a high-grade fighter when get a spectacular KO over a club-level fighter.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X