Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonight, Juan Manuel Marquez solidified his ATG status.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    Marquez was already solidified as an ATG after the Juan Diaz fight
    Ok.

Let's leave it at this, if there was ever a spec of doubt, that doubt no longer exists.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      Yeah Marquez solidified himself as a great tonight, everyone, everyone wrote him off and he put on a performance I'll never forget.

The look on his face when that first decision was announced, looked like a part of him died, he put on the performance of his life and this is what he gets ?, the man is a legend and he had his spirit stomped into the dirt by the judges.
      The support he'll get from everyone now will be phenomenal I'm sure but he'll never get that official mark he worked so hard for.

Wonder what's next for him.
      My face was the same.

I could not believe a judge had it a draw, let alone a win for Pacquaio!

When the next two got read out I was like; 'Ahh, don't know how it's an MD but atleast Marquez still won'.

Marquez looked distraught, and rightfully so.

But, atleast the world will know who really won.

Comment

great post, I also considered Marquez borderline ATG.... tonight he proved to me he is without a doubt up there with all the great mexican fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
          great post, I also considered Marquez borderline ATG.... tonight he proved to me he is without a doubt up there with all the great mexican fighters.

Marquez was superb last night. I'm a Pacquiao fan but the fight wasn't even close.

A shocking decision!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            My face was the same.

I could not believe a judge had it a draw, let alone a win for Pacquaio!

When the next two got read out I was like; 'Ahh, don't know how it's an MD but atleast Marquez still won'.

Marquez looked distraught, and rightfully so.

But, atleast the world will know who really won.
            "

It was shocking.

I am however of the opinion now that that judges fail to see what good counter punchers are doing now a days. They are more adjusted to seeing "footwork" et all, than subtle counter punching. The subtle skills like setting up a trap, standing there yet neutralizing your opponent (in today's term running is the only defence).

The simple fact that there is more to boxing than jumping around the ring like a bunny rabbit has escaped most judges and fans.

But about the fight, I have seen many, and this was one of the best efforts I saw. I will always remember this effort of Marquez.

Comment

****ing **** yeah my *****s! I love this section...y'all got some sense to you. That fight made JMM for me. I mean we all like us some good boxing, and he's given us that for years, but last night he took out the most exaggerated ****er in the sport. I bet you anything JMM does not share his bed with a bunch of little asian men......pac's a weird dude. I know I didn't say anything boxing relative....you kind of covered that in the OP. This is basically me agreeing with that, plus saying,and I mean this; **** Manny.

Comment

I didn't watch the fight because money's tight right now, but I'm not super surprised at what happened. Everytime a fight with a champion has a disputable ending, the win usually goes to the champ like in Louis-Walcott I, Ali-Norton III, etc. It's kind of like protocal. I really want to see it and analyze it for myself, though.

Comment

I'll tell you what - I never wrote off Marquez and I ****ing celebrated that last night. It was a win. I don't care what the bought-ass judges say. My man won that fight and cemented himself as one of the very greatest Mexicans there ever was.

Comment

Originally posted by Great John L View Post
                    I didn't watch the fight because money's tight right now, but I'm not super surprised at what happened. Everytime a fight with a champion has a disputable ending, the win usually goes to the champ like in Louis-Walcott I, Ali-Norton III, etc. It's kind of like protocal. I really want to see it and analyze it for myself, though.
                    It wont be long before its on You Tube.

If you can find 4 rounds to give to Pac, you'd be doing well.

Story of the fight is Pacquiao coming forward, missing and being nailed with counters all night. Marquez wasn't once in trouble and Pacquiao was near as dammit staggered/caught off balance at least a couple of times.

Comment

So it's not much different than their previous two fights then. I kinda feel left out that I didn't see it though, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X