Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best chin in Heavyweight ever.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to compare the chin to the quality of punchers they fought. Ali survived punches from Frazier, Foreman, Lyle, Shavers, Liston and Williams, all noted punchers.
    Foreman took the best from Lyle, Frazier and later on Holyfield and Tommy Morrison. I don`t think Foreman ever fought a bigger puncher as himself and Lyle knocked him down a few times in their fight.
    Frazier didn`t have the greatest chin, not close. Foreman bouncing him off the canvas has to be realized and did Frazier fight any great punchers apart from Foreman? Not really!
    Holyfield took shots from Bowe, an old Foreman, Moorer, Tyson, and Lennox Lewis. Only Bowe knocked him down out of those fighters and Bert Cooper did in Atlanta. I think Holyfield should be included yes.
    But i think Oliver McCall should be mentioned, i don`t think he has been wobbled yet and of course David Tua. Lewis and Ike Ibuechie were huge punchers and for 12 rds respectively they couldn`t budge Tua, like McCall no one has ever moved Tua with a punch. So the greatest heavyweight chin should belong to either of these two guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmy
      You have to compare the chin to the quality of punchers they fought. Ali survived punches from Frazier, Foreman, Lyle, Shavers, Liston and Williams, all noted punchers.
      Foreman took the best from Lyle, Frazier and later on Holyfield and Tommy Morrison. I don`t think Foreman ever fought a bigger puncher as himself and Lyle knocked him down a few times in their fight.
      Frazier didn`t have the greatest chin, not close. Foreman bouncing him off the canvas has to be realized and did Frazier fight any great punchers apart from Foreman? Not really!
      Holyfield took shots from Bowe, an old Foreman, Moorer, Tyson, and Lennox Lewis. Only Bowe knocked him down out of those fighters and Bert Cooper did in Atlanta. I think Holyfield should be included yes.
      But i think Oliver McCall should be mentioned, i don`t think he has been wobbled yet and of course David Tua. Lewis and Ike Ibuechie were huge punchers and for 12 rds respectively they couldn`t budge Tua, like McCall no one has ever moved Tua with a punch. So the greatest heavyweight chin should belong to either of these two guys.
      I agree, of the modern heavyweights McCall and Tua are standouts.
      Altough Tua was knocked out in the amateurs.

Comment

Lotta great choices out there, but, for the best chin of all time, I'd be goin' back to the barenuckle days; to someone like John L. Sullivan. Boxing's been around an awful long time, and there's been some hellacious 100 round granite chins.

Comment

Hey Top Rank; how about giving me a reason why your giving me bad karma?

Comment

I reckon I can live with a little bar of red instead of a little bar of blue.

Comment

Rocky Marciano. Never lost a fight. Isn't it better to win the title and keep it, rather than to lose it twice and win it back?

Comment

Originally posted by buff_mike10
                Rocky Marciano. Never lost a fight. Isn't it better to win the title and keep it, rather than to lose it twice and win it back?
                HELL YEAH! It's way better to win the title and keep it. Rocky Marciano was tough as nails. Good Choice!

Comment

Originally posted by stix
                  Hey Top Rank; how about giving me a reason why your giving me bad karma?
                  dont know when was this?......

Comment

In light of recent events, its gotta be Williams.

Comment

Its close beetwen Ali and Marciano cant be sure who has the best but its definitly one of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X