Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SRR fought Lamotta twice in 21 days and WOW even had a tuneup fight in between!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
    man what are you talkin about? he beat robinson at welterweight
    he beat zivic at jmw pretty much
    how many hop fights where hop outweighed the little guys he's picking on by almost 10+lb's?
    But Robinson proved he had the ability to beat Middleweights weighing in close to the WW limit and went on to be one of the greatest Middleweight's all time.

Same day weigh in too.

Zivic, the same.

Whereas Hopkins fought some guys who didn't and never went on to do anything at those weights.

Unlike Trinidad who although was a smaller fighter was a legit, proven and solid Middleweight. Which is an exceptional win regardless to that.

Which again, is the difference.

This thread and the thread in the History section confirms you know nothing about Jake Lamotta and his opponents so why just learn about him before talking nonsense?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      But Robinson proved he had the ability to beat Middleweights weighing in close to the WW limit and went on to be one of the greatest Middleweight's all time.

Same day weigh in too.

Zivic, the same.

Whereas Hopkins fought some guys who didn't and never went on to do anything at those weights.

Unlike Trinidad who although was a smaller fighter was a legit, proven and solid Middleweight. Which is an exceptional win regardless to that.

Which again, is the difference.

This thread and the thread in the History section confirms you know nothing about Jake Lamotta and his opponents so why just learn about him before talking nonsense?
      you want me to learn about him? i was trying to not be rude in the history section, but as always everyone gets constipated when you're not sheep

zivic was way past it, way outweighed, arguably beat lamotta twice
      doesn't matter about robinson, styles make fights
      cerdan, his best win was a one-armed fighter who sparingly threw

atleast hop beat'em in their primes

and zivic did something at middleweight? off to boxrec

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
        Sugar Ray Robinson fought Jake Lamotta for the second time on Feb. 5 1943.

He lost to Lamotta by unanimous decision.

Two weeks later on Feb. 19 he fought and beat Jackie Wilson as a tune up fight.

ONE WEEK after beating Wilson he fights Lamotta again on Feb. 26 1943 and defeats him by unanimous decision.

3 fights in 21 days...amazing
        I know right! And the Pinoy stans want to make a big deal that their ATG Bum Ceferino Garcia won a title and defended it 2 times. In old times, thats like being champ for 2 months.

Comment

you want me to learn about him? i was trying to not be rude in the history section, but as always everyone gets constipated when you're not sheep
          No. You were talking crap and you had nothing to back it up with.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
            No. You were talking crap and you had nothing to back it up with.
            could be true, i dont recall

Comment

obviously im gonna be put on the cross for this but floyd would box the sht outta robinson

UD
              Floyd wouldn't have a shot in the dark. Even his Uncle/Trainer says SRR is better than Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylecee View Post
                Yea the reason they fought that often was to feed their family and to survive. Sugar Ray didn't fight that much because he loved the sport. He fought to have money for groceries. If he was making money like elite boxers today then trust me he wouldn't have nearly as many fights as he does
                Ray Robinson had huge money. He may have been living cheque to cheque but a guy like him did not HAVE to fight as often as he did.

What you are saying would have been the case with 99 percent of fighters but not the elite.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  Floyd wouldn't have a shot in the dark. Even his Uncle/Trainer says SRR is better than Floyd.
                  i've trolled too far this time, still an overrated boxer to me though

Comment

could be true, i dont recall
                    It's right there for you to read.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                      It's right there for you to read.
                      pass...........

Comment

Working...
                      X