Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edwin Rosario

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bak to the topic, I think there was something with Rosario that didn't let him stay champ for too long. I know he had alcohol and drug problems...he was in rehab after he retired and before his last, sadly shortlasting comeback. I mean, he lost to this Akinobu Hiranaka in 1 round, the guy was a nobody. But that was at 140. Still doesn't make an excuse. How do you go from stopping Loreto Garza in 3 then getting blown out in 1 by Hiranaka?!? And he also beat Juan Nazario by TKO8, only to lose to him the same way in the rematch.

He was inconsistent it seems. If he had been more consistent, I believe he'd even beat Chavez. What he showed in that Camacho fight is that he had enough to become THE MAN. Rest in peace Chapo.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
      Bak to the topic, I think there was something with Rosario that didn't let him stay champ for too long. I know he had alcohol and drug problems...he was in rehab after he retired and before his last, sadly shortlasting comeback. I mean, he lost to this Akinobu Hiranaka in 1 round, the guy was a nobody. But that was at 140. Still doesn't make an excuse. How do you go from stopping Loreto Garza in 3 then getting blown out in 1 by Hiranaka?!? And he also beat Juan Nazario by TKO8, only to lose to him the same way in the rematch.

He was inconsistent it seems. If he had been more consistent, I believe he'd even beat Chavez. What he showed in that Camacho fight is that he had enough to become THE MAN. Rest in peace Chapo.
      Dude, he would have struggled with Chavez if he had a gun. He gave one of his great performances, hit Chavez with EVERYTHING, and Chavez walked through him. Different classes of scrapper all together.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        Dude, he would have struggled with Chavez if he had a gun. He gave one of his great performances, hit Chavez with EVERYTHING, and Chavez walked through him. Different classes of scrapper all together.
        BS! That was by no means a great performance. Had the Rosario from the Camacho fight shown up, I guarantee you Chavez would have to go thru HELL to win. And its not certain that he would win.

Comment

BS! That was by no means a great performance. Had the Rosario from the Camacho fight shown up, I guarantee you Chavez would have to go thru HELL to win. And its not certain that he would win.
          What? The won who lands a bomb and makes the fight interesting? He landed those same shots on JCC and they got shrugged off. Rosario was boxing well early, going to the body...nothing mattered. Chavez was a great fighter who walked through Rosario's fire and blew him up. Rosario and Chavez could have fought 100 times, both in their primes, and Chavez ain't losing once. How much better could he have been? He was on the best run of his whole career coming into Chavez.

The difference wasn't "Rosario from the Camacho fight." It was who Rosario was fighting, period.
          Last edited by crold1; 10-03-2011, 11:25 AM.

Comment

After seeing that fight, I wouldn't ever pick Rosario to beat JCC. It wasn't that Rosario was that bad, it was that Chavez was that good. It was a brilliant performance, one of the best I've ever seen.

Comment

I thought Rosario was the bomb at one point, very good skills, mags were hyping him up, and after the Edwin Viruet fight, changed his style, and though he achieved sucess, never got to the promise many thought he would get to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
                I thought Rosario was the bomb at one point, very good skills, mags were hyping him up, and after the Edwin Viruet fight, changed his style, and though he achieved sucess, never got to the promise many thought he would get to.
                I read that it was because he drank and did drugs. Its usually the explanation when a boxer performs like a future HOFer in one fight and then in the next gets blasted away by some B- fighter.

Comment

drug addict who's claim to fame is getting his ass handed by a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by TopVillain View Post
                    Now, now, I'd say he was just a wee bit better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by TopVillain View Post
                      In other words, you never saw him fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X