No announcement yet.

My top 20 welterweights list-IMPROVED!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    If Oscar is in the top 10 ATG WW list...Then the list is not IMPROVED at all.
    Its definitely improved, he had Oscar ahead of Leonard before.

Comment

Benitez is WAY too low.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
        Benitez is WAY too low.
        I dunno man, I always thought he was better as a lww and lmw. He lost his biggest fight at 147, it was to LEONARD but still...not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
          Hearns woulda beaten Leonard if his stamina had been better. And Palomino was the best Mexican technician ever probably. Tommy also dethroned Cuevas easily, Pipino was one of the most feared punchers at the time.
          You put Hearns that high because IF, IF he had stamina he would've beaten Leonard ?.

You rate on things that could of happened instead of what actually happened ?.

You rank him above say Napoles who's run at Welter was 10x what Hearn's was because IF he had stamina he could've of beaten Leonard ?.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
            You put Hearns that high because IF, IF he had stamina he would've beaten Leonard ?.

You rate on things that could of happened instead of what actually happened ?.

You rank him above say Napoles who's run at Welter was 10x what Hearn's was because IF he had stamina he could've of beaten Leonard ?.
            My god. Hearns was BEATING Leonard until he ran out of gas! Plus he crushed Cuevas, Randy Shields, Harold Weston, Bruce Curry and Angel Espada. While its true he reached his peak as a jmw, he still rocked as a welter.
            Last edited by JAB5239; 09-30-2011, 04:36 PM.

Comment

My god youre stupid. Hearns was BEATING Leonard until he ran out of gas! Plus he crushed Cuevas, Randy Shields, Harold Weston, Bruce Curry and Angel Espada. While its true he reached his peak as a jmw, he still rocked as a welter.
              I'm stupid because you're rating Hearn's on what could of happened ?, right Hearn's lost, no ifs or buts, he lost and he didn't beat Leonard at Welter, that is not a name of his resume until SMW which he did win but is irrelevant here.

My god I am stupid, Hearn's resume ****s at Welter ****s all over Napoles, I mean just look at their best wins, Emile Griffith or Pipino Cuevas, I know right it's stupid even asking because Cuevas is superior in every aspect to some bum like Griffith.

Curtis Cokes ?, pfft he nothing to Bruce ****ing Curry, I mean Bruce is a hofer who got the best in a series with Luis Rodriguez

And who is Ernie Lopez ?, Randy Shields beats him silly like he did the first world class opponent he fought.
              Last edited by NChristo; 10-06-2011, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                I'm stupid because you're rating Hearn's on what could of happened ?, right Hearn's lost, no ifs or buts, he lost and he didn't beat Leonard at Welter, that is not a name of his resume until SMW which he did win but is irrelevant here.

My god I am stupid, Hearn's resume ****s at Welter ****s all over Napoles, I mean just look at their best wins, Emile Griffith or Pipino Cuevas, I know right it's stupid even asking because Cuevas is superior in every aspect to some bum like Griffith.

Curtis Cokes ?, pfft he nothing to Bruce ****ing Curry, I mean Bruce is a hofer who got the best in a series with Luis Rodriguez
                Its not who they beat, but how they looked. Napoles lost to Billy Backus, not exactly a HOFer. He also got stopped by Stracey at the end of his career. Tommy looked invincible at almost every weight, that is unless his chin got checked or his stamina failed him.

Comment

Its not who they beat, but how they looked. Napoles lost to Billy Backus, not exactly a HOFer. He also got stopped by Stracey at the end of his career. Tommy looked invincible at every weight, that is unless his chin got checked or his stamina failed him.
                  But Napoles was winning both fights up until the stoppages, by your logic he SURELY deserves credit for them !?!?!?!?, no ?.

Napoles looked invincible until his paper thin skin got cut, his only real weakness, the same way Tommy did until his stamina or chin got checked, 2 things Napoles didn't have a problem with, I guess you wouldn't know that though since you don't seem to know that though since you clearly don't know much about Napoles' career and are looking for a way out. (Tried throwing Hearn's resume at me but I compare it too Napoles and now it doesn't matter ?)

Seeing as resume doesn't matter at all though now and only appearence I guess Tyson in 88 is the GOAT in you're opinion ?, no ?.
                  Last edited by NChristo; 09-30-2011, 03:59 PM.

Comment

I guess you've seen a lot of Robinson at welter as well ?, I mean I might be stupid but judging just on how they look then putting Robinson at number 1 is questionable no ?.

Especially with the lack of footage and questionable decisions against Gavilan and Basora and others, I haven't seen the fight but the reports don't think he looked so invincible against them.

(In no way questioning Robinsons career, he is #1 Welter for me also, just having some fun)
                    Last edited by NChristo; 09-30-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

My god youre stupid. Hearns was BEATING Leonard until he ran out of gas! Plus he crushed Cuevas, Randy Shields, Harold Weston, Bruce Curry and Angel Espada. While its true he reached his peak as a jmw, he still rocked as a welter.
                      So should we rank all fighters based on their performance through the first 3/4 of a fight? The last I checked, stamina is an important characteristic of a great fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X