No announcement yet.

Top 50 Non U.S. ATG LIST

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    Many experts call Manny Pacquiao the greatest fighter ever but you have watched Pacquiao many many times and formed your own opinion that he isn't. Unless you watch them you can only have someone else perspective you can't truly have your own.

But that is just my opinion you're entitled to your own.
    What experts? Please provide some links for this.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      You got him there mate.......... has he ever posted a link ???/

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
        Mike Tyson hadn't beaten anybody by age 21................... nobodies at worst. Yes Monzon is a great fighter mate, but I'm talking about Nino's chin,.......... But how do losses help your resume when they are KO's. You say Darcy hadn't proved himself yet, doesn't the opinions of people who saw Darcy and Gibbons matter. Yes, some Americans at the time thought Gibbons could win against Darcy,.... but not those who had seen Darcy fight as well as Gibbons....... The only "experts" I know of who claimed that Gibbons was as good as Darcy HAD NEVER SEEN DARCY FIGHT,.................. I would like to see some proof otherwise....... Darcy was rated by those WHO WERE IN A POSITION TO JUDGE, as the best MW of his time. We are here to debate facts and visual evidence (if available),..... we are not here to re-write history (I'm not accusing you, but there are some I suspect),.......... Why do most around here hold some old-timers higher above others when records or resume are similar to others of their time ?????...... Why, because you read a book or an article (usually written by either a fan of the fight),........ that say's that this guy is the bee's knees, and gives you many compelling reasons,... We believe Gans, langford, Fitzsimmons etc are the best of the best because of books that say so. ----------------- Not in the case of Darcy though,.... the experts and fighters like Jack Kearns, Fred Dyer and McGoorty who were on the Darcy is the greatest bandwagon are somehow not to be believed. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is what really gets many Australians goat (no pun intended)........ There has always been a lot of U.S. bias against Darcy, did you know that FOR EVERY FIGHT DARCY EVER HAD AGAINST AN AMERICAN,,,,,,... Virtually every U.S. newspaper said Darcy would get a lesson and a beating before the fight took place. Things like 'young Darcy will get knocked out and humiliated by ( INSERT :- Christie, Holland, J. Smith, J. Clabby, Murray, Brown, Chip, or any other US opponent ),... ------------------ Yessiree !!!!! when our "good old boy" steps in with Darcy he'll get such a lickin' like Johnson did to Burns,.......... guess what US boxing ????....... ALL of your good old boys were the one given a severe lesson and sent home packing,,,,,, and apart from one single very poor loser (Smith,... who incidentally couldn't possibly have beaten Darcy by any but the foullest of means, and HOW THE **** could he get a TKO when he couldn't knock Darcy out in 100 fights- A TKO there would be a total disgrace,, Smith.. LOL)..... they all had nothing but the highest praise........ You have a lot more reading on Darcy to do....... try and read some stuff about Darcy that wasn't written in America for a start,... Then you might get a more balanced view........ If you don't trust an Aussies word for it,.... read some of NZ reports concerning Darcy.... I assure you the kiwis are neutral on the subject................................. But seriously,.... Darcy was a better fighter than Smith,,,,,,,,,,, and he was on his way to proving it when Smith hit Darcy low, and only because he wanted to be in a much safer place,..... Darcy was too hot for Smith in the real world.......... As for if McGoorty was on the slide at the time, what does that matter when Eddie himself says that Darcy was the greatest fighter he ever saw or fought, Eddie also admitted that he could never have beaten Darcy on his best day.... and that is a fact you can take to the bank.
        As I said if Darcy fought on till he was shot he would have been knocked out too probably...Ali has a TKO at the end of his career, and I doubt many had a better chin than him...if you go and fight out of your prime, you are bound to lose..remember Nino was 65-0 at a stage,that is itself better than the whole Darcy career we have...he has the bigger names in the resume and his loses are too good fighters or champions like Monzoon. I think you are underrating Nino.

Gibbons--Darcy-Hell I do not want to go into it but many thought Miske or Gibbons . George KO Brown who had fought both Darcy and Miske said that he'd bet a bundle on Miske in any matchup between the two, and Saylor named Gibbons among a number of fighters that he thought would clean up on Darcy...by the way both saw Darcy and Gibbons...

And I thought I had provided these arguments to you in the previous thread where we were sparring. Gibbons was widely regarded as the best fighter of the world at that moment and he likely would have been a favourite to beat Darcy. Fact is Nino proved what he can do, while in case of Darcywe have to guess what he could do had he been alive.

P.S:- As I posted in other thread, other newspaper also had Smith ahead in their first fight...not only the Sydney Morning Herald.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7LTojCUkz4

That is Bob Arum saying it others have said the same can't find any links a hardcore Pacquiao would probable able to find links.

Comment

Originally posted by Greatest1942 View Post
            As I said if Darcy fought on till he was shot he would have been knocked out too probably...Ali has a TKO at the end of his career, and I doubt many had a better chin than him...if you go and fight out of your prime, you are bound to lose..remember Nino was 65-0 at a stage,that is itself better than the whole Darcy career we have...he has the bigger names in the resume and his loses are too good fighters or champions like Monzoon. I think you are underrating Nino.

Gibbons--Darcy-Hell I do not want to go into it but many thought Miske or Gibbons . George KO Brown who had fought both Darcy and Miske said that he'd bet a bundle on Miske in any matchup between the two, and Saylor named Gibbons among a number of fighters that he thought would clean up on Darcy...by the way both saw Darcy and Gibbons... As usual you have 1 or two names versus Countless statements I've read, and perhaps Brown has a grudge,... anyway I don't care now because now you are telling me Benvenuti is superior on all counts.... at this rate Darcy will be relegated to outside the top 50 MW's.... he is in another league to Benvenuti... resume my posterior....... Bigger names ?????... and don't even mention Monzon,,,, he'd only count on resume if Nino had won a fight against him...... the 60's were only half as many top fighters as Darcy's opponents........ who's the next guy to drop Darcy further down into forgotten,..... lets see Sam Soliman ?........ Graziano ???..... Pender ???.... Gorilla Jones ????.... Jeff Smith,.... KO BROWN.......... it could go on forever..... It boils down to this,.... are all those countless Darcy praisers just a bunch of sheep shearers and no-account professionals.......... Get this fact straight...... Darcy always won his last fights against those who managed debatable decisions in the first place....... He got revenge for any of those.......... He had more rounds in his 50 fights than Benvenuti did in 80 fights....... And Darcy beat every MW who mattered except for Gibbons who he was so afraid of that he decided to die of a broken heart......... and also dodge fighters who hadn't even been to kindergarten, If Les Darcy is way down the list then so should Villa and Sanchez...... at their weights........ they may have turned out to be average..... I THINK NOT.

And I thought I had provided these arguments to you in the previous thread where we were sparring. Gibbons was widely regarded as the best fighter of the world at that moment and he likely would have been a favourite to beat Darcy. Fact is Nino proved what he can do, while in case of Darcywe have to guess what he could do had he been alive.DARCY WAS TWICE AS WIDELY REGARDED,,,,,,, HE WAS CONSIDERED BY QUITE A FEW AS THE NEXT HW CHAMPION....... Widely regarded, makes it sound like This was accepted as fact it's just complete horseradish...... What you should say is that although Darcy was actually the guy who had a title belt..... and was more popular amongst those who had seen Darcy fight,... why do you persist in this fallacy of taking notice of the 95 % of Gibbons backers who had never seen Darcy fight.......... You really should disregard all third hand accounts and the fact that powerful people ran a smear campaign which is still holding Les Down.... Nobody ever went close to beating Darcy down, he was way ahead on points in the 2nd Holland fight and Holland got away with it by DQ..... Then Darcy beat the **** out of him in 2 returns,,,, and KO'd him just like he was about to do to Smith IN BOTH FIGHTS,.... We have gone over some of this before.

P.S:- As I posted in other thread, other newspaper also had Smith ahead in their first fight...not only the Sydney Morning Herald. Well if you choose to believe what you want to believe on that,.... But I have more proof that he DOGGED IT BOTH TIMES... I must have said this a 100 times already.... I have two complete books that can explain it in English.
            .................................................. ..

Comment

That is Bob Arum saying it others have said the same can't find any links a hardcore Pacquiao would probable able to find links.
              Arum is his promoter.......... ************* general direction !!!!!

Comment

are you even serious?

you get that bob arum is a promotor right?
                and not only a promotor, but manny's promotor? he's the most biased dude on the planet when it comes to embellishing pacquiao's resume // legacy

saying stuff like that is a business move and nothing more. that is his job. that's how he makes his money. it is your job as a fan of the sport to recognize that for what it is.

no respectable expert says manny pacquiao is the greatest of all time.

you can look until your fingers turn blue and your mouse breaks down, you will not find one.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  are you even serious?

you get that bob arum is a promotor right?
                  and not only a promotor, but manny's promotor? he's the most biased dude on the planet when it comes to embellishing pacquiao's resume // legacy

saying stuff like that is a business move and nothing more. that is his job. that's how he makes his money. it is your job as a fan of the sport to recognize that for what it is.

you can look until your fingers turn blue and your mouse breaks down, you will not find one.
                  Stop beating around the bush mate.... you really should just say what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    I believe Bert Sugar has said it but since we're talking about respectable experts Sugar doesn't count. Nobody takes Sugar seriously about anything (at least I hope they wouldn't) :chuckle9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                      I believe Bert Sugar has said it but since we're talking about respectable experts Sugar doesn't count. Nobody takes Sugar seriously about anything (at least I hope they wouldn't) :chuckle9:

Poet
                      Sugar has said greatest southpaw...never heard a firm 'greatest fighter' there.

Comment

Working...
                      X