No announcement yet.

HISTORY SECTION Can we pass a new Law ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    I've read enough about him to know he should not be included in the same league as Monzon or Hagler. Good luck finding any credible person who disagrees with me there. Just like you think Mayweather doesn't belong in a discussion with Robinson and some other ATG. I feel the same way about Darcy.
    I don't think you've read any of that thread then I take it..... Darcy is an all-time great, and there are many who think he is than those that don't. He fought better fighters than Monzon did...... mate try not to come across as arrogant, or you are deliberately trying to bait me, whatever it is mate, you have made much better posts than that.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
      For the record, I think Mayweather is very well knocking on the door of being in the conversation for Top 3 or Top 5 GOAT. I mean, look at his career. He's never been KD, never been really hurt, he almost never gets hit and he's beaten a ton of great fighters. The guy is amazing! And after watching him against Ortiz, I think he's gonna beat the bag outta Pac.
      Sounds like Les Darcy.... no KD's really hard to hit, but I think his chin was better than Floyd..... but that could almost describe Darcy as for Floyd....... hey can I use that ??

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
        For the record, I think Mayweather is very well knocking on the door of being in the conversation for Top 3 or Top 5 GOAT. I mean, look at his career. He's never been KD, never been really hurt, he almost never gets hit and he's beaten a ton of great fighters. The guy is amazing! And after watching him against Ortiz, I think he's gonna beat the bag outta Pac.
        I lost respect for Floyd a bit after that cheap shot..... In Darcy's day the fight would be a DQ victory for Ortiz, you didn't get away with that crap.............. That's one area Darcy leaves Mayweather in the cold, and that was modesty and sportsmanship. How Mayweather got away with it I'll never know,.... what I do know is that Joe Cortez is a disgrace.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
            I don't think you've read any of that thread then I take it..... Darcy is an all-time great, and there are many who think he is than those that don't. He fought better fighters than Monzon did...... mate try not to come across as arrogant, or you are deliberately trying to bait me, whatever it is mate, you have made much better posts than that.
            I did read it and yes he can be considered great at that time. But I saw nothing to suggest he was greater than Monzon or even equal to him. Hagler either. This is how I see it and if there is any arrogance it's on your part for getting offended because your Les Darcy propaganda has not converted me to jump on the same bandwagon.

You can try to convince yourself of that Darcy belongs up there with Hagler or Monzon, but you're never going to convince me.

Comment

I lost respect for Floyd a bit after that cheap shot..... In Darcy's day the fight would be a DQ victory for Ortiz, you didn't get away with that crap.............. That's one area Darcy leaves Mayweather in the cold, and that was modesty and sportsmanship. How Mayweather got away with it I'll never know,.... what I do know is that Joe Cortez is a disgrace.
              Elaborate....

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                I did read it and yes he can be considered great at that time. But I saw nothing to suggest he was greater than Monzon or even equal to him. Hagler either. This is how I see it and if there is any arrogance it's on your part for getting offended because your Les Darcy propaganda has not converted me to jump on the same bandwagon.

You can try to convince yourself of that Darcy belongs up there with Hagler or Monzon, but you're never going to convince me.
                That's up to you mate isn't it, but it's hardly propaganda, and that thread is not from a book that I published,....... I'm quoting the author word for word, it is not my right to change the wording, so you are not reading my opinions there. When I've finished doing the book, then I will add additional stuff. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Don't think I'm offended by what you say about Darcy, but it's annoying when I hear it because it's sort of insulting to my country, because if Les Darcy isn't an all-time great, then NO AUSTRALIAN IS, I just don't believe a top 100 of all time has to have 90 odd Americans in it, and nobody from south of the equator can be considered........ I have no problem with naming 70 odd Americans in a top 100 because it is the biggest boxing country.......... I don't think you have seen me put Americans down, or Brits or whoever. I think there is at least room for one Australian in a top 100......------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Personally I think Darcy, Peter Jackson and Young Griffo are easily top 100. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I don't want you to blindly follow everything I say, I just hope I can open some eyes around here,......... I think Hagler and Monzon are greats,... but the names, Ketchel, Ryan, Fitzsimmons, Darcy, Langford, The Gibbons brothers, Carpentier, Greb, McGoorty, Clabby, J. Smith, Walker, Flowers, Steele, Zale, LaMotta, Burley, H. Williams, Moore, Cerdan, Basilio, Fullmer, Tiger, and Benvenuti are all names that can be mentioned in one way or another with either Hagler or Monzon............ We can debate, Joke around and have a bit of fun............. so peace to you brother and leave the fighting to the professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                  Elaborate....
                  I presume you want to know about the DQ's..... Darcy lost 2 fights from accidentally hitting low,.... Mayweather would have been DQ'd too in those days...... Just look at how many fighters then had DQ losses to their names...... virtually all of them lost. ------------------------------- In my opinion at least, You cannot hit an opponent during any break in proceedings,,.... Floyd should wait for the referee to re-start the fight. ----------------------------------------- In fact in those days, police could enter the ring and arrest a fighter for things like that.... The referee's in those days were the LAW inside the ring,,...... they were despots many of them, they decided the result of fights almost as many times as the fighters..... I've only seen the highlights of that Ortiz fight, so maybe I don't know the whole story, but man that looked bad. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ortiz had his hands down by his side, there was no way he expected that, surely you were disappointed with Floyd for that poor sportsmanship.

Comment

That's up to you mate isn't it, but it's hardly propaganda, and that thread is not from a book that I published,....... I'm quoting the author word for word, it is not my right to change the wording, so you are not reading my opinions there. When I've finished doing the book, then I will add additional stuff. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Don't think I'm offended by what you say about Darcy, but it's annoying when I hear it because it's sort of insulting to my country, because if Les Darcy isn't an all-time great, then NO AUSTRALIAN IS, I just don't believe a top 100 of all time has to have 90 odd Americans in it, and nobody from south of the equator can be considered........ I have no problem with naming 70 odd Americans in a top 100 because it is the biggest boxing country.......... I don't think you have seen me put Americans down, or Brits or whoever. I think there is at least room for one Australian in a top 100......------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Personally I think Darcy, Peter Jackson and Young Griffo are easily top 100. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I don't want you to blindly follow everything I say, I just hope I can open some eyes around here,......... I think Hagler and Monzon are greats,... but the names, Ketchel, Ryan, Fitzsimmons, Darcy, Langford, The Gibbons brothers, Carpentier, Greb, McGoorty, Clabby, J. Smith, Walker, Flowers, Steele, Zale, LaMotta, Burley, H. Williams, Moore, Cerdan, Basilio, Fullmer, Tiger, and Benvenuti are all names that can be mentioned in one way or another with either Hagler or Monzon............ We can debate, Joke around and have a bit of fun............. so peace to you brother and leave the fighting to the professionals.
                    Keep in mind, I didn't say he wasn't an all time great. I think he was an ATG. My point was that I would not rank him as equal to Hagler or Monzon. It wasn't meant to be insulting. It's just an opinion in the same way you have an opinion on Mayweather. Peace to you too, and on to the next topic.

Comment

I presume you want to know about the DQ's..... Darcy lost 2 fights from accidentally hitting low,.... Mayweather would have been DQ'd too in those days...... Just look at how many fighters then had DQ losses to their names...... virtually all of them lost. ------------------------------- In my opinion at least, You cannot hit an opponent during any break in proceedings,,.... Floyd should wait for the referee to re-start the fight. ----------------------------------------- In fact in those days, police could enter the ring and arrest a fighter for things like that.... The referee's in those days were the LAW inside the ring,,...... they were despots many of them, they decided the result of fights almost as many times as the fighters..... I've only seen the highlights of that Ortiz fight, so maybe I don't know the whole story, but man that looked bad. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ortiz had his hands down by his side, there was no way he expected that, surely you were disappointed with Floyd for that poor sportsmanship.
                      You're inaccurate here. Mayweather did not hit him on the break. The Ref (Cortez) did restart the fight. And you can't equate what Mayweather did with illegal low blows.

Comment

Working...
                      X