Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a prime Marciano VS a prime Liston, who'd win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
    In theory he could, In practice what Marciano would try will not work based on the way he fights.

What exactly was that claim?

Again, as I already said the same The same same points can be made against Marciano with the opponents he fought. My argument isn't even like that, since Liston against Vitali is a completely different match up with a different style opponent. Think before throwing out a klitlicker accusation next time.

I have nothing to admit..I'm being quite open.

Just like you build your credibility by insults and the bog standard fallacious klitlicker comparison. Ok.........

It's called a prediction for a fantasy fight. There's nothing wrong with posting it here.

For you, yes.
    "In theory he could, In practice what Marciano would try will not work based on the way he fights."

genius for the last time, Whitehurst did it and lasted with Sonny..I dont know why a much better fighter cannot do it...you have to read it..to actually understand why Marciano's style is not so bad as you assume...But reading and then comprehending is beyond you it seems

Well my claim will be evident if you read posts..come on Man, I am not your mommy. I dont need to spoon feed you...read teh posts...if you can't...Well...

Again I do not base my claims on downplaying Liston's opponents...however what i said is....forget it go read it...

It says a lot about you, that you probably are defending something, without even knowing what others have posted against...You are a lawyer who tries to defend , without knowing what's he defnding....

I tried to prove a simple thing Marciano's style is not ill suited thats all..forget it ...you won't get it.

"Just like you build your credibility by insults and the bog standard fallacious klitlicker comparison. Ok........."

Insult you...I just mentioned that your arguements were as logical as the Kiltlickers...simple..they state Liston will crumble against Vitaly and give no reason...You state similarly for Liston's whats the difference? The fact that you simply defend Liston does not make you more knowledge able...Atleast...

"It's called a prediction for a fantasy fight. There's nothing wrong with posting it here."

This is a fantasy fight in the history section...where once presented with materials and arguements, it is expected good posters will try and break down their arguements...and provide some counter arguement instead of "Whatever Marciano tries will not work" or "Liston is made to order for Vitaly"

Both the above quotes and attitude are wrong IMO...

Now try to post something intelligent
    Last edited by Greatest1942; 09-14-2011, 07:26 AM.

Comment

I might just have to bump this fight up on "Title Bout" to settle this!

Comment

Originally posted by Greatest1942 View Post
        "In theory he could, In practice what Marciano would try will not work based on the way he fights."

genius for the last time, Whitehurst did it and lasted with Sonny..I dont know why a much better fighter cannot do it...you have to read it..to actually understand why Marciano's style is not so bad as you assume...But reading and then comprehending is beyond you it seems
        Lasted? barely.

Whitehurst was trying to slip the left jab and come over with an overhand right or left hook to body but he was hardly successful. He fought cautions at mid range and his foot speed kept him away from Liston. He was clubbed out of the ring towards the end and the bell saved him from a knockout. Besides that the verdict was wide so I don't see how you can put so much stock into it.

I never said his style was bad, it just wouldn't match up well against Liston. You're incapable of comprehending my posts so.........what?

Well my claim will be evident if you read posts..come on Man, I am not your mommy. I dont need to spoon feed you...read teh posts...if you can't...Well...
        In a debate you're supposed to post it in direct response to me. I asked you a question so please answer it.

Again I do not base my claims on downplaying Liston's opponents...however what i said is....forget it go read it...
        As above. I didn't downplay any opponents.

It says a lot about you, that you probably are defending something, without even knowing what others have posted against...You are a lawyer who tries to defend , without knowing what's he defnding....
        I stand by my prediction. That's what I'm trying to defend, it's pretty obvious.

I tried to prove a simple thing Marciano's style is not ill suited thats all..forget it ...you won't get it.
        Well how?

"Just like you build your credibility by insults and the bog standard fallacious klitlicker comparison. Ok........."

Insult you...I just mentioned that your arguements were as logical as the Kiltlickers...simple..they state Liston will crumble against Vitaly and give no reason...You state similarly for Liston's whats the difference? The fact that you simply defend Liston does not make you more knowledge able...Atleast...
        I said that Marciano's style would be playing into Liston's hands, which was a brief reason. I didn't intend to go into detail with the prediction. It was based on styles alone.

This is a fantasy fight in the history section...where once presented with materials and arguements, it is expected good posters will try and break down their arguements...and provide some counter arguement instead of "Whatever Marciano tries will not work" or "Liston is made to order for Vitaly"
        Yeah, I simply made a general statement that base on Marciano's style he could not beat Liston. In no way was it a rebuttal to "whitehurst" for example. Of course we are getting into that now though.

Both the above quotes and attitude are wrong IMO...
        They were general statements without taking into account common opponents. We are now getting deeper into this. It's how a debate develops.

Now try to post something intelligent
        You didn't post anything of the sort and the bottle was for you.
        Last edited by Vadrigar.; 09-14-2011, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
          Lasted? barely.

Whitehurst was trying to slip the left jab and come over with an overhand right or left hook to body but he was hardly successful. He fought cautions at mid range and his foot speed kept him away from Liston. He was clubbed out of the ring towards the end and the bell saved him from a knockout. Besides that he verdict was wide so I don't see how you can put so much stock into it.

I never said his style was bad, it just wouldn't match up well against Liston. You're incapable of comprehending my posts so.........what?

In a debate you're supposed to post it in direct response to me. I asked you a question so please answer it.

As above. I didn't downplay any opponents.

I stand by my prediction. That's what I'm trying to defend, it's pretty obvious.

Well how?

I said that Marciano's style would be playing into Liston's hands, which was a brief reason. I didn't intend to go into detail with the prediction. It was based on styles alone. With the Klitlickers they are simply making false statements and reasons.

Yeah, I simply made a general statement that base on Marciano's style he could not beat Liston. In no way was it a rebuttal to "whitehurst" for example. Of course we are getting into that now though.

They were general statements without taking into account common opponents. We are no getting deeper into this. It's how a debate develops.

You didn't post anything of the sort and the bottle was for you.
          Whitehurst did best when he fought inside...if you read my posts you will find him acknowledging the fact...It is born by the films too..As I said reading and comprehending is beyond you...Barely survived 2 fights and 20 rounds? The first fight was pretty close anyway...Marciano slipped jabs too...because of his reach he had to always slip jabs to get inside...You dont know this perhaps..Perhaps Marshall (179 lbs) barely survived too...besides I can tell you did not read my post yet...Because you will see that I gave plenty of evidence that Liston could be fought inside with considerable success...which is what Rocky will do.

Read this one line...Whitehurst tried a lot of things but according to him , he fought Liston best when he was inside, where Liston could not do anything to him....Rocky was 2X better than WhiteHurst.

Hence downplaying Rocky is absurd...

I called you Klitlicker like because you keep on posting without reading the other guys post or an idea what the guy is saying...And just make statements like "barely survived" ( well not quite true, second fight yea, first not, he himself states the reasons)..."it wont work etc etc"....

The best you can do is copy a gesture of mine...allow me to give the bottle kid...I started it after all..anways I won't bother with you from now on...Post all you like...I know you can't read posts anyway...so answering you is a bother

Comment

I think Sonny Slices him to pieces and/or Knocks him out before the 7th

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  I think Sonny Slices him to pieces and/or Knocks him out before the 7th
                  Might be just the opposite...Rocky cuts him down to his size and then sends him to lala land with his susie Q

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Greatest1942 View Post
                      Might be just the opposite...Rocky cuts him down to his size and then sends him to lala land with his susie Q
                      I have often stated Floyd's strategy against Liston was wrong , which actually made Liston's job easy.

Here is a heading of an article "In Stockholm, Floyd Patterson humbled Texan Tod Herring with the hit-and-run style he now admits he should have used against Liston".

Comment

Working...
                      X