Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugar Ray Robinson is overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Robinson were around now, he'd be fighting for a few thousand bucks on ESPN opening matches. The guy was a total media creation.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      If Robinson were around now, he'd be fighting for a few thousand bucks on ESPN opening matches. The guy was a total media creation.

Robinson couldn't carry Victor Ortiz jock and wouldn't even be suitable to carry his spit bucket with today's nutrition and modern spit bucket carrying techniques.

Comment

Who? Never heard of the guy!

Comment

He never even sold any PPVs.

Comment

I am perplexed...I have seen a lot of films and read almost every book there is to read...Who is this guy you people are talking off? Was he good enough to be top 100 today?

I don't know...but I think I passed him up as a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Robinson couldn't carry Victor Ortiz jock and wouldn't even be suitable to carry his spit bucket with today's nutrition and modern spit bucket carrying techniques.
              He wasn't strong enough to carry anyone's spit bucket or jockstrap, since he didn't lift weights and drink milkshakes after he was done lifting weights.

Comment

If SRR was so great he would of fought and beat Mike Tyson...

Comment

Originally posted by BulgariasFinest View Post
                  If SRR was so great he would of fought and beat Mike Tyson...
                  Coward knew Tyson was coming for him in 1989. So what does he do? He dies. How convenient.

Comment

Robinson? If he was so damn good why did they film him in black and white? ****, the dude wasn't even good enough for color :forgetaboutit9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                      Robinson? If he was so damn good why did they film him in black and white? ****, the dude wasn't even good enough for color :forgetaboutit9:

Poet

He was so terrible as a welterweight that they didn't even put him on TV at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X