Collapse
No announcement yet.

sCTrojansbaby... Let's see your scorecard for Chavez-Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of interest I just watched the fight again. It's a curious thing. I remember watching it years ago and thinking Whittaker was well ahead by the end. Now I think the fight was much closer. For sure Pernell landed the more spectacular blows - and more of them. But I do think many of those punches were nothing like as hard as the ones Chavez was returning to Whittaker's body.

I don't have any evidence to suggest the fight was rigged so I can only assume the judges felt Chavez' less frequent but more powerful body shots counted equally to Pernell's staccato drumming on Chavez's head.

Either way, I give the fight to Whittaker by two rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
      You only need too watch the fight once too see that Whitaker clearly deserved the decision
      That summarizes it very nicely.

Comment

I forgot to say I also think Whittaker should have been docked one point for persistent low blows and he was incredibly fortunate not to lose a point for grabbing hold of the referee. I should say that one of the three judges (Mickey Vann) DQd a fighter for something very similar.

Comment

No idea how I scored when I watched it live and I have not watched it in many years but I definitely remember thinking that Pernell Whitaker beat Chavez and then got jobbed with that draw BS. Incidentally, on the way home from that fight, my car was struck by a baseball bat, not a good night, or a good memory but it involves boxing, as it almost always does. Chavez lost, the draw was horrendous, and it was the second time poor Pernell got hosed like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
            sctrojan....

give it up

ur boyfreind deserved to lose

and they were both hitting low

wieght advantage???

seriously

they were both roughly the same size

stop crying

im a chavez fan

and i got over it
            Chavez moved up in weight and Chavez had a few inadvertent punches to the thighs. Pernell was blatantly hitting Chavez in the nuts.

Oh and I don't even consider Chavez one of my favorites look at the list below

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
              No idea how I scored when I watched it live and I have not watched it in many years but I definitely remember thinking that Pernell Whitaker beat Chavez and then got jobbed with that draw BS. Incidentally, on the way home from that fight, my car was struck by a baseball bat, not a good night, or a good memory but it involves boxing, as it almost always does. Chavez lost, the draw was horrendous, and it was the second time poor Pernell got hosed like that.
              But will we ever see TrojansIcan'tGetIt****ingRightBaby'S SCORECARD.......LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                Chavez moved up in weight and Chavez had a few inadvertent punches to the thighs. Pernell was blatantly hitting Chavez in the nuts.

Oh and I don't even consider Chavez one of my favorites look at the list below
                than why do u defend him so blindly?????

and what was ur score card

u say whitaker didnt deserve to win but how did u score it?????

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
                  than why do u defend him so blindly?????

and what was ur score card

u say whitaker didnt deserve to win but how did u score it?????
                  Roy Jones isn't on his "list" either but as you've probably seen he nuthugs the **** out of Jones too.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    Roy Jones isn't on his "list" either but as you've probably seen he nuthugs the **** out of Jones too.

Poet
                    Zsolt Erdei is on his list. When is he going to get some nuthugging? Of course, it's hard to nuthug someone you wouldn't even recognize.

Comment

4 whole pages and no scorecard?

Let's see this scorecard.

You think Chavez didn't lose? Cool, so let's see your card.

Because anyone with the gift of vision can see that Pernell Whitaker clearly won a fight that is argubaly the worst descision in the entire history of Boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X