No announcement yet.

Kessler gave Calzaghe his hardest fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
    Key thing here. You like everybody else who scored it for Calzaghe was influenced by emotions, not your boxing brain's ability to score a fight properly. Most people who were pissed by Hopkins' white boy comments and in ring actions would not have given him the nod in the close fight.

There is a 6 part series on youtube highlighting their fight showing Hopkins very clearly won that fight. After rewatching it(the fight itself) several times I had it 117-114 Hopkins. I actually still have my notes from the fight(I do that a lot, scoring fights live and keep the notes).
    Like I said previously, you are the only person who I've heard of that had it for Hopkins by more than one point. And it is presumptious of you to determine my logic for scoring it for Calzaghe. I wrote off the "white boy" comment as pre fight hype. He simply outworked and outfought Hopkins, even if he didn't look brilliant doing it. And I don't watch fights on YouTube that I've already been able to view on a large screen in HD.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      Like I said previously, you are the only person who I've heard of that had it for Hopkins by more than one point. And it is presumptious of you to determine my logic for scoring it for Calzaghe. I wrote off the "white boy" comment as pre fight hype. He simply outworked and outfought Hopkins, even if he didn't look brilliant doing it. And I don't watch fights on YouTube that I've already been able to view on a large screen in HD.
      I've seen many people who scored the fight for Hopkins so I don't know where you are looking.

And the only way Calzaghe 'outworked' Hopkins was by throwing more punches but that doesn't win you fights when most of them miss or are mostly deflected. Hopkins knocked him down, controlled him for a good part of the fight, landed the best punches, landed more punches(compubox will think any punches that lands on forearms or graze you are 'landed punches')

Also, it sounds like you haven't seen the fight since it was on live. This is one that has to be viewed many times because you will miss Hopkins' brilliance and only notice Calzaghe's flailling that gave the impression of landed punches which they weren't.

Comment

Key thing here. You like everybody else who scored it for Calzaghe was influenced by emotions, not your boxing brain's ability to score a fight properly. Most people who were pissed by Hopkins' white boy comments and in ring actions would not have given him the nod in the close fight.

There is a 6 part series on youtube highlighting their fight showing Hopkins very clearly won that fight. After rewatching it(the fight itself) several times I had it 117-114 Hopkins. I actually still have my notes from the fight(I do that a lot, scoring fights live and keep the notes).
        Whats the name of this videos series please?

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
          Whats the name of this videos series please?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyz2cws8LBE

From there on you can watch all the other parts.

Comment

I've seen many people who scored the fight for Hopkins so I don't know where you are looking.

And the only way Calzaghe 'outworked' Hopkins was by throwing more punches but that doesn't win you fights when most of them miss or are mostly deflected. Hopkins knocked him down, controlled him for a good part of the fight, landed the best punches, landed more punches(compubox will think any punches that lands on forearms or graze you are 'landed punches')

Also, it sounds like you haven't seen the fight since it was on live. This is one that has to be viewed many times because you will miss Hopkins' brilliance and only notice Calzaghe's flailling that gave the impression of landed punches which they weren't.
            Once again, what I said was that every score that I saw for Hopkins in that fight was 114-113. And we apparently have a different idea of what brilliance is. I heard the same excuse when he was outworked by Taylor.

Comment

HATER! And anyone who scored it for Hopkins with 3 points margin must be NUTS! You really need to see a shrink son.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyz2cws8LBE

From there on you can watch all the other parts.
                Thank you very much !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                  HATER! And anyone who scored it for Hopkins with 3 points margin must be NUTS! You really need to see a shrink son.
                  No hating, just my style of scoring fights. I look at the most effective boxing. I put much less stock into high activity with with small ratio of landed punches especially effective punches compared to lower activity with high landing % and those landed punches being cleaner and more effective.

Comment

No hating, just my style of scoring fights. I look at the most effective boxing. I put much less stock into high activity with with small ratio of landed punches especially effective punches compared to lower activity with high landing % and those landed punches being cleaner and more effective.
                    Hopkins strategy in the Calzaghe fight was the following:

Throw a right hand counter, lead in with the head and hold.
                    If everything went to plan he would land around 15 punches per round and Calzaghe wouldnt be able to do anything due to Hopkins constant holding.

On top of that he constantly:
                    Tied up Calzaghe and hit him to the left side of his ribcage, so he bring his arms down making it easier for Hopkins to land his counters to the head.

Hit on the break and headbutted to get Calzaghe angry and forget his gameplan.

Hopkins should of been dqed for what he did, not awarded the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Toney616 View Post
                      Hopkins strategy in the Calzaghe fight was the following:

Throw a right hand counter, lead in with the head and hold.
                      If everything went to plan he would land around 15 punches per round and Calzaghe wouldnt be able to do anything due to Hopkins constant holding.

On top of that he constantly:
                      Tied up Calzaghe and hit him to the left side of his ribcage, so he bring his arms down making it easier for Hopkins to land his counters to the head.

Hit on the break and headbutted to get Calzaghe angry and forget his gameplan.

Hopkins should of been dqed for what he did, not awarded the fight.
                      Another person who let his emotions decide the result of the fight(assuming you think Calzaghe won? I don't know).

Fact is, Hopkins didn't even get a point deducted much less dq'd so it is an irrelevant issue. The fact is that Hopkins won the fight very clearly.

Comment

Working...
                      X