WLAD Vs JESS WILLARD, Who Wins, 15 Round Super HW, Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WLAD Vs JESS WILLARD, Who Wins, 15 Round Super HW, Fight

Wladimir KLITSCHKO Vs Jess WILLARD
    WHO WINS THIS 15 Round Super- HeavyWeight Contest.--- The winner fights the winner of Lennox Lewis Vs Primo Carnera
    Your Analysis Please !!
    WLAD BY KO
    75.00%
    JESS BY KO
    8.33%
    WLAD BY DEC.
    16.67%
    JESS BY DEC.
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Oh difficult match up to predict, I have little to no doubt over 12 rounds Wlad wins a comfortable decision but, over 15 Williards stamina could come into play and -Williard ain't getting stopped, he'll always be there. Just too tough- takes Wlads head off with a monster uppercut, pfft I don't know.

Oh and Lewis TKO's Carnea in around 4, different class of fighter.

Comment

Wladimir by knockout. It doesnt matter how long the fight is, because Willard eat too much punishment and be ruined even if he somehow reached rounds 13+.

Wladimir actually does the most damage against opponents that are roughly his size. And Willard isnt exactly a defensive master.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
        Wladimir by knockout. It doesnt matter how long the fight is, because Willard eat too much punishment and be ruined even if he somehow reached rounds 13+.

Wladimir actually does the most damage against opponents that are roughly his size. And Willard isnt exactly a defensive master.
        Unlike David "Defense" Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
          Haye has the ability to fight like a ***** and run around the ring. which he did against Wladimir and Valuev.

Willard doesnt. Hes not going anywhere, and hes there to be hit.

also, Wladimir can get better leverage on his shots against the 6'6ish Willard. Punching downward takes away some power since you cant get your legs or hips into the punch as well. Wladimir's left hook is going to hit hard on Willard.

oh and I guess one more thing: Haye had more explosive power than Willard, and therefor was more of an offensive threat which limited Wladimir's offense.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
            david "toe-breaker" haye

"barefoot" david haye

what an awful way to go out. i hope he enjoys all that money (who wouldn't?)

i'm picking wladimir in this fight
            much more technical
            so much more technical
            did i mention the technique?

jess "the giant" willard is going to be jess "the slightly smaller and weaker man"
            the guy didn't really have a ton else going for him. lots of experience. fought in some long fights.

jab jab
            right hand... ehhhh maybe just the jab
            hold. sit down and take a one minute break
            and back to the jab

speak about nine languages in post fight interviews
            take some pictures with your brother

have we seen this fight before?

i think we've determined that the ways to beat klitschko are to either:
            knock his head into the fifth row and take advantage of the chin (liston, tyson, foreman)
            use footspeed and outwork him (ali, holmes)
            or grind him down and get to his body(frazier, norton, holyfield, marciano)

willard isn't going to do any of that
            he's going to try and do what he's done against every guy he's ever fought, and "fight a big mans fight"
            he'd plod with wladimir, and get picked part with the jab, and the hook off the jab

he'd look a lot like a modern klitschko opponent and probably lose a decision
            if he couldn't get out of the way of the right hand he'd probably get stopped

firpo and dempsey do not hit anywhere near as hard as klitshckos right hand.

p4p maybe
            but that doesn't mean **** in the ring at HW
            Last edited by New England; 09-06-2011, 04:31 PM.

Comment

That's pretty much how I see it going. A mismatch. Willard has to be at least one of the worst heavyweight champions in history.

Comment

Willard would be a punching bag in this fight. It would be brutal and over by the 8th round.

Lewis might take Carnera out in the first. That wouldn't even be remotely competitive.

Lewis KOs Wlad after a boring, safety-first fight.
                Last edited by BigStereotype; 09-06-2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Haye has the ability to fight like a ***** and run around the ring. which he did against Wladimir and Valuev.

Willard doesnt. Hes not going anywhere, and hes there to be hit.

also, Wladimir can get better leverage on his shots against the 6'6ish Willard. Punching downward takes away some power since you cant get your legs or hips into the punch as well. Wladimir's left hook is going to hit hard on Willard.

oh and I guess one more thing: Haye had more explosive power than Willard, and therefor was more of an offensive threat which limited Wladimir's offense.
                  Willard is also about 10 fold more durable then the glass chinned fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    david "toe-breaker" haye

"barefoot" david haye

what an awful way to go out. i hope he enjoys all that money (who wouldn't?)
                    I don't think he was ever serious about boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X