No announcement yet.

Question for the boxing history section

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
    Pssh I was a localamateur superstar by the time I was 16and 18. I was 88-7-3 when I turned pro.
    Im a 23 pro who will probably be a local club fighter til I'm 40 lol. Too bad too. I got a 34 on my ACT

And surgeon I'm married but my balls don't get busted. My wife loves boxing
    First off bud Good luck with ur career, i hope u go far and max ur potential and make u and urs some good money!

My woman loves boxing aswell so im very lucky like that too but i take the piss! There is literally a fight playing on my tv, dvd player or lap top at ALL times lol and its more boxing scene that annoys her anyway! lol

Seriously some of the guys in this thread have knowledge well beyond their years, very impressive stuff! I honestly thought i was a young gun in this section but im a DECADE older than some of u ****ers, u boys are quality

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
      u can learn allot really fast on the internet if u stop lookin at **** for 5min.
      I think the Internet is fantastic I have learnt a hell of a lot from it in the few years I've been using it. As for the ****, my eyesight is bad enough!

Comment

Barnburner is 16? Jheez.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          I know right, 5 mins away from **** ?.

Madness.
          Not Madness. SPARTA!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            I will add that reading this thread I've been impressed at how young some of the more talented contributors here are. There will always be guys who fight to make money. IMO, it's just as important to keep bringing in younger fans to put money into boxing and perpetuate the interest in it.
            Totally agree, mind there is no reason that age is a bar to knowledge and vice versa. And bless them they humour old fossils like myself.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
              I'm not one of the well versed, well known kinda posters in thee history section. But where I was raised and the way I was raised is that I make it a habit to know what i'm talking about. The rough poor area I grew up, If you didn't know what you were talking about you would sit the **** down and shut the **** up.

I'm top 30 ATG at best for the history section lol
              You are always worth reading DT so enough of the modesty
              Re your upbringing I can really empathise with that. Mind I'd qualify it a little, don't know how you found it but the guys I grew up with weren't exactly the best at verbalising. They would react with embarassment at some of the "flame" wars that go on in here but think it would be more than gentlemanly to settle a trivial row with fists. Which would lead to situations where the fellow who had for example insisted that the capital of France was Paris and taken one hell of a beating would have to agree for at least the rest of the day that the capital of France was indeed Rome.
              Last edited by GJC; 09-04-2011, 08:44 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                First off bud Good luck with ur career, i hope u go far and max ur potential and make u and urs some good money!

My woman loves boxing aswell so im very lucky like that too but i take the piss! There is literally a fight playing on my tv, dvd player or lap top at ALL times lol and its more boxing scene that annoys her anyway! lol

Seriously some of the guys in this thread have knowledge well beyond their years, very impressive stuff! I honestly thought i was a young gun in this section but im a DECADE older than some of u ****ers, u boys are quality
                Same here.

I thought you were the youngest if not one of the youngest in this section

Comment

I try to watch as many fights as I can (regardless of how old they are). It's pretty easy since the arrival of YouTube and various other sources.

For the record I am a 39 year old school teacher desperately clinging onto the last months before 40, decrepitude and senility.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
                    I try to watch as many fights as I can (regardless of how old they are). It's pretty easy since the arrival of YouTube and various other sources.

For the record I am a 39 year old school teacher desperately clinging onto the last months before 40, decrepitude and senility.
                    Youngster..... lol.... under 40 ????... hang on for dear life.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                      You're ****tin' me :shock9: You post like an old pro and I was thinking you were in my age bracket :hahahaha9:

Poet
                      Looooooooooool I try to post in an adult and formal fashion, I've been deep into boxing since late 2006 when i was 11, the internet is really fantastic, my interest waned a bit but then reignited in 2011. This forum is a great way to stay away from ****

Comment

Working...
                      X