No announcement yet.

What if Jones-Toney 2 had been?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Jones-Toney 2 had been?

Had Toney not lost to Griffin and gotten to fight Jones for the WBC lhw title, what would happen in your opinion? I think that Toney might have beaten Jones. For 2 reasons: first, it was about revenge for Toney and he had been thirsting for it since 1994; second, Toney had drained himself seriously for that fight and now seemed to be at a better weight, even tho he sometimes looked sloppy as a lhw. He still beat Griffin the first time and second fight was close enough to be called disputed, even tho I had Griffin edging it closely. And when we see what Montell went on to do to Jones, really, GEE MAN, why couldn't it happen?! Toney would went on to whoop Jones and he'd become the four weight champion eventually, instead of three-weight.

Really, I've quit buying into that "RJ was the greatest, invincible, unbeatable" hype some time ago. I'm talking about Roy Jones in his prime. Every fool knows he was far from invincible later on, after the Ruiz fight. But not many are aware he also wasn't that before. Thats why he ducked Liles, Benn, Collins and Michalczewski and NOBODY is gonna convince me it ain't so! I mean, he was still a superb fighter but there is no 100% guarantee that he'd won all those fights.

But sadly, RJ would rather fight Richard Hall's and Otis Grant's of this world than Frankie Liles's or Nigel Benn's.

This just a hate thread or what?

I like Jones over Toney at any weight and at any point pre Ruiz

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      This just a hate thread or what?

I like Jones over Toney at any weight and at any point pre Ruiz
      No, its a What If? thread, duh.

Comment

Pastrano takes another shot at Roy? Shocking!!!!!!!!
        Last edited by JAB5239; 08-08-2011, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
          Pastrano takes another shot at Roy? Shocking!!!!!!!!
          Whoever called you, you moron? You always have to jump in any thread I make, don't you? You are a pathetic hater and idiot, stay away from me.

Comment

Pastrano the I hate all American greats called me a hater! Unbelievable!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
              Pastrano the I hate all American greats called me a hater! Unbelievable!!
              No, very believable. Now get off my ****, chump.

Comment

if jones and toney fought again....

i think toney would still lose amybe by less if he was sick for the first fight....

toney would have to swarm to beat jones and he is a counter puncher by nature....

toney has the skills and the chin to pull it of but he would have to fight a completly differnt fight.

Comment

Working...
                X