Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Unpopular Opinion thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree ali is a top 10 HW, but not top 10 ATG including all weight classes. The guy is flat out overrated.

How is calling calzaghe the SMW goat wrong? The guy completely cleaned out the division then went to LHW where he didn't even belong ( he's hardly 5'11 and very thin, he looked slow at LHW)

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
      I agree ali is a top 10 HW, but not top 10 ATG including all weight classes. The guy is flat out overrated.

How is calling calzaghe the SMW goat wrong? The guy completely cleaned out the division then went to LHW where he didn't even belong ( he's hardly 5'11 and very thin, he looked slow at LHW)
      Saying he is a Top 20 ATG is what's very very wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Saying he is a Top 20 ATG is what's very very wrong.
        Very very VERY wrong.

Zags and Ali in the same class, unrealistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry A View Post
          I think Howard Cosell was a great broadcaster. I loved it when he called a fight.

I loved Rocky Marciano. But I think he's just too small for the likes of many of the huge modern day heavyweights. Ali, Holmes, Bowe, Lewis, either of the Klitschkos all beat him.

Don King put on some outstanding fight cards, especially in the 1980's.

Harry Wills doesn't get nearly enough.

Floyd Mayweather may be a talented fighter, but he comes off as a jerk as a human being.
          I dont think these are too unpopular Terry, i agree with u on them at least. And with the Buffer comment but as tired and old as it is i miss it when he's not there - whole thing seems less classy, less professional. BTW do u know what he gets paid for a nights work by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post

You said Ali barely touches the top 15 of all time, while Calzaghe is in the top 20.

Ali may be overrated and Calzaghe underrated....still doesn't mean Calzaghe is anywhere near as great.

Comment

If the Klitschko's were Americans they would be adored by the US media and public.

The majority of major fighters have or are using PED's, and I really don't care very much.

I am an unapologetic fan of Antonio Margarito.

New York fighters (especially from Brooklyn) are usually wildly overrated by the boxing media.

Jim Lampley is a brilliant TV broadcaster, but he is heavily biased and is inaccurate at calling blow by blow action.

Teddy Atlas really knows boxing, but he is an azzhole and the most overrated trainer ever.

Comment

If the Klitschko's were black 95% of their current fan base would be talking about how much they suck and how much of a god Nikolai Valuev is.

Manny Steward blows dead bear as a color commentator.

The best announcing team ever consisted of Howard Cosell and a microphone.

99.9% of the posters in NSB don't know what the **** they're talking about.

"Fans" are the biggest idiots on the planet and wouldn't know an objective fact if it slapped their eyeballs out of their sockets.

Oscar De La Hoya was a great fighter.....but gets overrated by a handful of posters.

Pernell Whitaker had more talent in his third leg than Julio Cesar Crybaby had in his entire body.

Roy Jones causes extreme polarization with no one able to take an objective position on him.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                  Can you explain these please?
                  Sure Barn.....

No way Bob Fitzsimmons was an ATG at heavyweight. At heavyweight, he would not make my all-time top 100. He was basically a super-middleweight or small lightheavyweight who solar-plexed Jim Corbett!

Sam Langford, compared to Harry Wills, gets too much respect & Wills not enough. Harry Wills was the better fighter of the two, but some guys are enamered with ol' Sam. That's OK, he was a very good fighter. But when they're on his bandwagon, why don't they give the same type credit to Wills, who beat Langford what, 13-14 times?

The defense rests....

Comment

Harold Johnson is one of THE greatest Light Heavyweight Champions of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      I dont think these are too unpopular Terry, i agree with u on them at least. And with the Buffer comment but as tired and old as it is i miss it when he's not there - whole thing seems less classy, less professional. BTW do u know what he gets paid for a nights work by any chance?
                      Good question on Buffer Surg. I "Googled" it & came up with a range of $20,000-$25,000 per "big event". Which is going to sound real unpopular to all of us who did much harder work for far less money just because we didn't come up with his idea before he did!

Comment

Working...
                      X