Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Unpopular Opinion thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would agree that Lewis, Whitaker and Charles are overrated. Especially Charles. I still think that they're all great fighters though.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
      Yes and no. Meaning, I agree with you that Robinson pulled many stunts, but he fought so often that (most) fights eventually happened. And in multiple series (so rematches also happened and happened timely). Plus I don't recall reading about him negotiating many catch weights or specific in-fight conditions (but this might just be my ignorance).
      Depends what you're looking for I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
        I would agree that Lewis, Whitaker and Charles are overrated. Especially Charles. I still think that they're all great fighters though.
        How exactly is Charles overrated?

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          that's mental.

ward, whitaker, charles and mayweather stick out the most from that crazy list.
          Proof positive that my selection fulfills the spirit of the thread!

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Just to make sure I don't misunderstand, is this a list of fighters you don't like to watch, or that you don't think are really all that good? I could certainly understand the first choice more than the second.
          Given that my preface is self-explanatory, I'm indifferent to whether I'm understood or not. If you fail to understand, that's not my problem. More importantly, that's my reluctant contribution to this "unpopular opinion" thread, which I intend to escape without interrogation or psycho-analysis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
            Proof positive that my selection fulfills the spirit of the thread!

Given that my preface is self-explanatory, I'm indifferent to whether I'm understood or not. If you fail to understand, that's not my problem. More importantly, that's my reluctant contribution to this "unpopular opinion" thread, which I intend to escape without interrogation or psycho-analysis.
            Well then, thanks for your response...

Comment

• Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
              Depends what you're looking for I guess.
              Unpopular :

Ali is not even a top 7 HW all-time.

Hagler won 8 rounds vs Sugar Ray.

Rios beat Abril 7 rounds to 5.

Joe Louis is bet HW of all-time followed by: Marciano, Lewis,Dempsey and Vladamir KO.

Tyson lost to every good HW that he ever fought and ducked anyone who could punch or take a punch.

Pernell Whitaker and Richard Abril hit like biatches and never sit down on their punches,shoulder slappers.

The HW Division is back in full bloom,right now.

Matthyse should be undefeated.

There is no such thing as a bad jaw in the UK,just an "English Chin"

GBP will be begging for HBO dates within 2 years.

Hagler and Sergio are #! and #2 MW of all-time. Monzon is close 3rd.

Comment

• Originally posted by marvelousmatt View Post
                Unpopular :

Joe Louis is bet HW of all-time followed by: Marciano, Lewis,Dempsey and Vladamir KO.

Tyson lost to every good HW that he ever fought and ducked anyone who could punch or take a punch.

Pernell Whitaker and Richard Abril hit like biatches and never sit down on their punches,shoulder slappers.

Some Truely unpopular opinions there sir so well done i guess! lol

Out of interest who are the Heavys u rate over Ali? (other than the 5 listed)

Other than that the next one that stands out for me is that the HW division is in full bloom today...... Cant see how anyone can say that.

Dont really get the Bad jaw in the UK one, are u saying UK fighters (that includes Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland) have crap chins? If so Scott Harrison and Wayne McCulloch may have something to say about that among others...

Comment

• Ricky Hatton has a good chin

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                    Some Truely unpopular opinions there sir so well done i guess! lol

Out of interest who are the Heavys u rate over Ali? (other than the 5 listed)

Other than that the next one that stands out for me is that the HW division is in full bloom today...... Cant see how anyone can say that.

Dont really get the Bad jaw in the UK one, are u saying UK fighters (that includes Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland) have crap chins? If so Scott Harrison and Wayne McCulloch may have something to say about that among others...
                    Well of course, Holyfield at # 6 and Holmes at #7.

No,the rest of the UK,Minus England, seem to produce strong chinned fighters. England with few exceptions seems to produce great looking fighters with tremendous skills (think Bruno,Khan, and Price) but with a lot of "English Chins "

The HW Div is in full bloom starting now when these up-and-comers all have to fight each other. There will be plenty of fireworks and we'll see that there are some really good HW...now.

Comment

• Originally posted by marvelousmatt View Post
                      Unpopular :

Some of those are not just unpopular, they are just plain ignorant.

Sergio Martinez....have I got that right? Martinez.....over Carlos Monzon? Over Hopkins, Robinson.....Urgh, forget it, I can't even be bothered.

Comment

Working...
                      X