Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also had Judah beating Matthysse.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      That fight was a disgrace. A clear win for Matthyse. He had obviously learned from his Judah loss and started earlier, but Alexander has 'good' people backing him.
      And sadly, that wasn't even as bad as the St. Louis robbery Alexander benefited from against Kotelnik.

Comment

• As far as unpopular opinions go, I believe todays champions are protected and carefully matched. They have the convenience of multiple titles insuring they won't have to fight the best in their division. Contenders are spared the risk of fighting each other because with so many titles available the risk will not be necessary. Even though I love the sport and watch all the fights I know it is sadly diluted.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
          As far as unpopular opinions go, I believe todays champions are protected and carefully matched. They have the convenience of multiple titles insuring they won't have to fight the best in their division. Contenders are spared the risk of fighting each other because with so many titles available the risk will not be necessary. Even though I love the sport and watch all the fights I know it is sadly diluted.
          And though this opinion may be shared by some here, it would be very unpopular with most of the fans in the NSB.

Comment

• Originally posted by NChristo View Post
            Jimmy Wilde is not top tier ATG material.
            ROFL... LOL,.... hang on, wha ???????,, whoa. You need to do some more reading I think. Wilde was freaking great.

Comment

• absolutely unpopular

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
              Pernell Whitaker is an overrated boxer that no one outside the U.S. ever heard of.

Next, Winky Wright is an overrated defensive fighter who in reality was a boring fighter inside the ring.

Bernard Hopkins although winning the match against Jean Pascal is lackluster because of the young fighter gassing out mid-rounds. It made an ancient boxer look 20 years younger than he should be.

Old time fighters of the past are all overrated. No one of this generation especially under 30 years old should be judging how great those fighters were because most evidences found were written with biased (promotional, cultural bias, personal vendetta by the writer, etc.). Also, old time boxers weren't as athletic or as well conditioned as the fighters today who can afford i.e. Pacquiao, Duckweather, Rios who hired a conditioning coach like Donaire, and others. That is why old records are being broken left and right.

I think the ***iest females in the world lives in Eastern Europe. Followed by South Americans then by Asians. Mixed girls especially of black, Asian, white, or Hispanic flavors look to me to be the best blend of female you can get.

Unpopular views, **********s should be eliminated from Congress and in U.S. politics because most of them are closet *******uals who likes to sleep with men unlike the ********s who keep getting caught sleeping with women. When I meet a ********** voter they are dumb, if they are intelligent they are mostly smug pretentious idiots who thinks they are god's gift on Earth, has a low paying job, if they have a high paying job it is usually contracted through the military/government, alcoholics, and talk bad about their wives.

Yea, come at me.
              {{{{ Old time fighters of the past are all overrated. No one of this generation especially under 30 years old should be judging how great those fighters were because most evidences found were written with biased (promotional, cultural bias, personal vendetta by the writer, etc.). Also, old time boxers weren't as athletic or as well conditioned as the fighters today who can afford i.e. Pacquiao, Duckweather, Rios who hired a conditioning coach like Donaire, and others. That is why old records are being broken left and right. }}}}}} ------------------------------------------------------------- ------------- That is not only one of the most unpopular opinions on the thread but simply a complete load of crap from someone who obviously has not a clue. Those old timers wipe the floor with these mollycoddled moderns.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                Thanks, at least I know I'm not all crazy. However, I'm very aware that's it's a very unpopular opinion. As you can see by the reaction of such opinion.

And, I already gave my unpopular reasoning as to why I rank Lamotta so highly. And, even if this might be irrelevant. But, I also think it gets held against Lamotta that he didn't really have a long successful title reign due to SRR but also due that IMO he won the title at the tail end of his career.. And, no fault of his own. He had to throw a fight just to get a shot at the title.

And, this holds true for many great fighters back in the day. But, I think mainly Lamotta would have benefited more so with having day before weigh-in and/or SMW division. But, that's neither here nor there.

I agree. But, I think some confuse on who would win H2H match up as being greater. That has nothing to do with it. I personally go by resume and accomplishment.

Now if you want to say that B-hop is a better fighter and would out class Lamotta. Then fine I won't argue that. But, his resume is not better than Lamotta. So I can't rank him ahead of Lamotta all time at MW due to the resume.

Anyways, I know it's unpopular but I personally have him at #5 at MW. But, I won't debate or argue if someone would rank the likes of Fitzsimmons or even Ketchel ahead of Lamotta.

I honestly think that MW is such a deep and talented division. That after fab 4(Greb, SRR, Monzon, and Hagler) anywhere from 5-15 could be splitting hairs and just be a matter of preference. This might also be a very unpopular opinion
                well most fans I have spoken too think that a guy like Darcy would beat Jake, so theres a guy i rate above him,. I really like Jake but I believe there are at least 15 guys who beat him. I would not be surprised if Tommy Ryan belted him in every round.

Comment

• Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                  ROFL... LOL,.... hang on, wha ???????,, whoa. You need to do some more reading I think. Wilde was freaking great.
                  Give me a list of his best wins please, he's great, just not top 25 material, at all, you will see why if you can muster together a half decent list.
                  I've read plenty, there is absolutely nothing that put's this mans name next too Ezzard Charles, Robinson, Langford etc, real top tier ATGs, Wilde is probably more in the same tier as Darcy, around the 40s - 50s or so if Darcy is even that high.
                  Last edited by NChristo; 03-30-2013, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• I've got several unpopular opinions so I'll roll one out - Floyd Mayweather is a great fighter and has a great resume

Comment

• I love manny PAC for his exciting style but I genuinely have doubts about how natural he was for the past few years

Comment

Working...
                      X