Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Any Fighter in History Brawl With (Prime, Pre-Ali) Foreman And Come Out On Top?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marciano might be physically overmatched, but I don't see him shirking a brawl with anyone. George might take a stray elbow - or seven.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
      Marciano might be physically overmatched, but I don't see him shirking a brawl with anyone. George might take a stray elbow - or seven.
      Yh but when it comes to a brawl attributes such as strength become more of a factor, not too mention Marciano's a slow starter and the early rounds was where Foreman would be devastating.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
        I'm skeptical anyone could survive.
        I personally would not favor any fighter in a brawl with prime Foreman. Even in his 40's,much younger fighters like Tommy Morrison, Alex Stewart, and Michael Moorer chose to box Foreman and attempted to stay away from his power.

Comment

Ron Lyle did and almost won the brawl. If those 2 had more some rematches I could have seen Lyle KOing Foreman a few times too.

For the small guys I'd give Tyson and Tua the best chance. But there is no ref that seems to penalise Foreman's constant pushing of the shoulders. He's so strong he pushes every fighter backwards and that's just bad news for the swarmers.

I still give Holyfield a chance. I just don't see anybody knocking him out without a fight.

But my answer would be Ron Lyle.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
            Ron Lyle did and almost won the brawl. If those 2 had more some rematches I could have seen Lyle KOing Foreman a few times too.

For the small guys I'd give Tyson and Tua the best chance. But there is no ref that seems to penalise Foreman's constant pushing of the shoulders. He's so strong he pushes every fighter backwards and that's just bad news for the swarmers.

I still give Holyfield a chance. I just don't see anybody knocking him out without a fight.

Ron Lyle faced him after the Ali fight where he was not the same Foreman, for this thread he has to be at the zenith of his career which was his mindset before the Ali fight that almost destroyed him. If it was Foreman pre Ali i think he would have bulldozed Ron yle

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
              Ron Lyle faced him after the Ali fight where he was not the same Foreman, for this thread he has to be at the zenith of his career which was his mindset before the Ali fight that almost destroyed him. If it was Foreman pre Ali i think he would have bulldozed Ron yle
              In your dreams. Lyle is his worst nightmare and we saw that when he was dropped twice and hurt many times.

These are the same excuses as Douglass beating Tyson. For some reason Foreman gets a free pass for this.

Comment

Lyle got knocked out. So he was NOT successful brawling with Foreman. Yeah he knocked Foreman down but who was the last one standing when the fight ended? That's all that matters.

Comment

In your dreams. Lyle is his worst nightmare and we saw that when he was dropped twice and hurt many times.

These are the same excuses as Douglass beating Tyson. For some reason Foreman gets a free pass for this.
                  The difference is Douglass won. Lyle didn't.

Comment

So much of a nightmare that he got KO'd.

What excuses exactly ?, he was banging Japanese hookers the night before and they ... helped him win ?.

It pretty clear that the Foreman that fought Lyle wasn't the one that we seen a few years previous and it still didn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
                      Yh but when it comes to a brawl attributes such as strength become more of a factor, not too mention Marciano's a slow starter and the early rounds was where Foreman would be devastating.
                      There's no doubt Rocco had enough power to do considerable damage, and there's really no knowing how a would-be opponent may react to the awkward crouch. I'm aware I've not discredited anything you've said. My only intention was to bring up size makes easy for people to write off logically, but really his style if you can call it that does make for an interested match-up regardless of size.

IMO a prime Tyson has a legit chance and high probability of knocking out any other HW.

Comment

Working...
                      X