No announcement yet.

Wlad vs the greats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Hey Einstein. Learn basic geometry: The difference in height is the same for both fighters it neither adds to nor subtracts from the reach of either. And btw, last time I checked the unit of measurement used in boxing happens to be "reach".

Sonny Liston.....and Trojanman gets owned yet again :geek9:
    Earnie Terrell.....and still more ownage for our resident village idiot :geek9:

Poet

Learn anatomy. Your arms don't come out the top of your head they come from your shoulders which in this case are basically level with Holmes chin since he is 3 inches or so shorter then Wlad. Holmes has to angle his punches upwards towards Wlad's chin hence losing length in his punches.

And I'll state it again IMO Holmes has the best jab ever but in this fight he would get out jabbed by the taller and longer man.

Comment

Oh and Liston didn't fight Ali from the outside he fought him mainly from the pocket

Comment

I find it funny how young fans want todays fighters to be great. Comparing Wlad to Ali and Mayweather to Ray Robinson and so . No matter how you explain how their guy is not in the same class they turn a deaf ear. But I remember when I was a teen, thinking that my favorites could beat the greats. I would argue with my uncle for hours that Honeyghan could beat Robinson.

Oh what a fool I was!

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post
          I find it funny how young fans want todays fighters to be great. Comparing Wlad to Ali and Mayweather to Ray Robinson and so . No matter how you explain how their guy is not in the same class they turn a deaf ear. But I remember when I was a teen, thinking that my favorites could beat the greats. I would argue with my uncle for hours that Honeyghan could beat Robinson.

Oh what a fool I was!
          With age comes not only knowledge, but wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post

Oh what a fool I was!
            Yeah, me too. Yesterday, for the first time in a long time I watched a marathon of Joe Louis and Muhammad Ali fights, and was amazed at how much skill they had compared to the sh** fight I saw between Wlad and Haye this weekend. The stamina, the activity, the body punching, the uppercuts, hooks, and jabs, the ring smarts, the seamless transition between fighting outside and fighting inside, it was all so amazing.

It was a cleansing experience.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              Learn anatomy. Your arms don't come out the top of your head they come from your shoulders which in this case are basically level with Holmes chin since he is 3 inches or so shorter then Wlad. Holmes has to angle his punches upwards towards Wlad's chin hence losing length in his punches.

And I'll state it again IMO Holmes has the best jab ever but in this fight he would get out jabbed by the taller and longer man.
              Holmes' movement alone would be enough to blunt Wlad's jab.

Comment

You better get someone to help you with your math too.....The target area for a jab is significantly larger than 3 inches so even using your bogus calculations Holmes target area is still in his range whenever Wlad's target area is in his.

So, you're doubly screwed because both your formula AND your data are bad. Garbage in, garbage out

Poet

Comment

Oh and Liston didn't fight Ali from the outside he fought him mainly from the pocket
                  I suggest your rewatch the fight.....assuming you've even watched it in the first place.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    I suggest your rewatch the fight.....assuming you've even watched it in the first place.

Poet
                    only lennox can hang with the k bros...the rest are on for a beat down imo.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                      only lennox can hang with the k bros...the rest are on for a beat down imo.
                      And what exactly are you basing that on?

Comment

Working...
                      X