No announcement yet.

Wlad vs the greats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
    this thread is filled with so much anti white sentiment its not even funny...

You guys make out everyone has to look incredible, ali was shokcing in loads of fights, as for tyson dont get me started....

Fact is he would destroy all heavyweights of all eras apart from vitali and lennox.

Ali got sparked out by cooper, and schooled and robbed by norton.

I could go through a whoe list of bums no where near as good as haye that ali looked like **** against...

Face it, these two ukranian heavyweights,NOT FROM AMERICA are the best ever along with lennox
    Stick to NSB, you're out of your depth here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
      what about the Greatest of all time Ali?
      While Ali rarely threw to the body he was never afraid to engage a dangerous puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Greatest1942 View Post
        JAB with due respect you are way off the mark here. The version of Williams Ali faced should not not used a reference. He was literally shot then.

And Jimmy Young did give Ali a lot of trouble. I will only say this, Young won the fight in my eyes that night but didnt win the championship. He did a lot of ghastly things like popping his head out of the ring to avoid punches and so on. But Ali clearly had a lot of trouble with him.

This was a sweeping response to a ridiculous claim that "any good fighter on the outside would give Ali trouble". A claim that is simply untrue.

Comment

In the 30's, Wlad would beat Baer, Schmelling and also Louis I believe. Carnera would get massacred. Ok, Louis is a 50-50 fight I think, many will disagree I know but Louis was only 6'2 and tho he was a hard puncher, he would find it hard to land a lot of big punches on Wlad. The only guys who could match Wlad in size were crap. In the 40's, Ezzard Charles would give him a tough fight but would ultimately fold as well, due to his lack of size. In the 50's...Patterson, Marciano and Liston would obviously be his biggest challenges. Patterson was too small, so we can exclude him. Marciano was short, but he was the iron man with a vicious body attack, so he could hurt Wlad, but would get his jab stuck in his face a lot. Maybe Rocky could get a decision if he was clever enough, but Wlad would still be favorite to win. Liston, thats another story. I think Sonny would be the biggest favorite to stop Wladimir. With his reach, his physical strength and punching power, he would be a nightmare opponent for Wlad. He was also taller than Rocky, so he'd be less handicapped there. He showed he could beat down men bigger than himself, but his chin was somewhat suspect and Wlad could sneak one of his rights there and get a ko. But I still give Sonny a 60% chance and Wlad 40%.

60's would be AWESOME if Wlad fought then! Clay/Ali, Liston also, Foreman and Frazier. Foreman would lose if he failed to stop Wlad in the early going. Frazier had the height handicap, but he would punish Wlad to the body and make it a hard fight. I can see Wlad stopping him late, prime Wlad that is. Foreman might also get stopped, if he fought like against Lyle. His defense was TERRIBLE in those days. Ali, well...hard to say. 60's Ali would prolly give Wlad fits with his movement, speed and combinations and he had a marvelous chin, so Wlad would have to bully him a lot and land many big punches, which would be HARD, as everybody knows. 70's Ali loses to Wlad tho, either by late tko or decision. And then we have Kenny Norton. Kenny could bang also and was a fine boxer, so it would make a great fight. If he got to Wlad with one of his sudden-impact bombs, like the one he koed Quarry or Bobick with (coincidentally, both white fighters), he could prevail with a ko, not unlike Corrie Sanders' own ko of Wlad. But if he didn't, then he'd be in for a rough time. Wlad could bomb him out like Foreman did, Norton's chin wasn't exceptional either.

Whew...so, we enter the 80's. Tyson, Holmes, Dokes, Weaver, Cooney...Tucker, Witherspoon, Tubbs. Lemme take it in that order: Wlad UD/Tyson KO, Wlad TKO/UD, Wlad KO, Wlad KO, Wlad KO/TKO, Wlad UD/Tucker SD, Witherspoon TKO/Wlad UD, Tubbs MD/Wlad TKO. Oh yes, Coetzee and Pinklon...well, I don't see them beating Wlad. Coetzee was a good boxer but he didnt have enough power to ko Wlad I think and Pinklon, well he was good but not THAT good. You really have to be dynamite to beat Wladimir, the prime Wladimir.
          Last edited by Pastrano; 07-05-2011, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

This was a sweeping response to a ridiculous claim that "any good fighter on the outside would give Ali trouble". A claim that is simply untrue.
            Well in that case excuse me...

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              Stick to NSB, you're out of your depth here.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post

Lmao!!!

Comment

Was this the funniest post of all time!? I vote Hell Yeah Boi!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

Crackin movie that too!

Comment

NICE. I'm going to see if I can green k you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                      what about the Greatest of all time Ali?
                      While Ali was never remotely close to a body puncher, I've seen him rip some good combos to the body against some fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X