Wlad vs the greats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NChristo View Post

What ?.

You do know it's weight classes right ? not height classes.
    yes I do know that, taller guys have longer reach and dominate lower weight classes. Not very respectable

Comment

Originally posted by RurouniYume View Post
      yes I do know that, taller guys have longer reach and dominate lower weight classes. Not very respectable
      I see what you mean, Paul Williams is domina....

Oh wait.

It's not about being 'respectful', boxing is a sport (like every other) where if you can get an advantage over an opponent you had better take it and if you don't chances are you're an idiot for giving it up.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        I see what you mean, Paul Williams is domina....

Oh wait.

It's not about being 'respectful', boxing is a sport (like every other) where if you can get an advantage over an opponent you had better take it and if you don't chances are you're an idiot for giving it up.
        it used to be about being respectful and that's one of the reason the sport is dying. Paul Williams is 39 - 2 and I would call that dominating. Taking advantage of your height would be filling out your frame and being a heavyweight in my opinion

also:

Originally posted by wikipedia
        With a height of six-feet-two inches tall, Paul is considered extremely tall for the three divisions he campaigns in: Welterweight, Jr. Middleweight and Middleweight

Comment

it used to be about being respectful and that's one of the reason the sport is dying. Paul Williams is 39 - 2 and I would call that dominating. Taking advantage of your height would be filling out your frame and being a heavyweight in my opinion

also:

No it wouldn't , taking advantage of your height would be staying at the lowest weight you could maintain healthily were you are going to have the advantage over the smaller guys, how the hell is it an advantage to give away your height advantage ?:.

Yeah he sure is dominating, he shown Martinez what for in his last fig...

Oh wait.

With a height of six-feet-two inches tall, Paul is considered extremely tall for the three divisions he campaigns in: Welterweight, Jr. Middleweight and Middleweight
          I know he is, what exactly are you getting out of posting this other then showing me that you get your information from wiki ?.

It also depends on your natural weight, not everybody's body is the same, do you really think Paul William's could become a Heavy and carry the ability that he has now ?, **** to the no.
          Last edited by NChristo; 07-04-2011, 04:17 PM.

Comment

it used to be about being respectful and that's one of the reason the sport is dying.
            Because no one ever enjoyed a height advantage in the past.

Etc etc etc.

It has nothing to do with the sport 'dying'.

Comment

Wlad had no problem scoring points now did he? Going to the body isn't a good strategy for him, yet he kept Haye scared and defensive the whole fight. He is dominating the heavyweight class along with his brother so saying he lacks boxing skills is just unintelligent. Haye is 6'2, he should have been fighting heavyweight anyways. He was keeping his weight as cruiserweight so he could win easy fights. Only a select few ******s have called him the GOAT, many others are just saying hes a top 10 ATG or whatever which I personally disagree with.
              The reason he had no problem scoring points and dominating is because of Haye's poor performance, he tried a defensive fight however he doesnt have the skill to pull it off. Wlad would have dominated much more if he knew how to work the body and fight on the inside. Besides the "heavyweight class" he is dominating is the weakest in heavyweight history, theres a saying that amongst the blind the one eyed man is king. Wlad is a one eyed king amongst the blind, and the skills he lacks have been reiterated over again by posters on this forum.

Comment

He is dominating the heavyweight class along with his brother so saying he lacks boxing skills is just unintelligent.

The heavyweight division is god awful at the moment, so dominating as he is really isn't as impressive as you would make it seem. The fact is he didn't cut of the ring or work the body against a guy he proclaimed to want to punish and who wouldn't throw more than one punch at a time does NOTHING to suggest he would beat guys far more skilled and with proven heart and determination.

Comment

the chin

the chin

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
                    LOL dominating a prime Holyfield?
                    Not really dominating Holyfield since Evander pretty much won that fight going away. Holmes jabbed great in spurts but nothing like he did in his prime. Check out the first Shavers fight where Larry won the fight on the jab alone.

Poet

Comment

taller guys have longer reach and dominate lower weight classes.
                      Not always, nor often enough to make blanket statement. Sonny Liston was 6'1" and had an 84" reach.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X