No announcement yet.

Jess Willard vs. David Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jess Willard vs. David Haye

Who wins this ugly matchup? I think Haye, just based on certain athletic superiority, but Willard could punch his head off with a well-placed uppercut. It would probably be a clinch-fest, but it's probably going to be a pretty cool knockout.

David Haye Mid rounds KO.

Comment

Unless Haye needs to shield his eyes from the sun i like him in a mid/late round KO

Comment

We'll know so much more about Haye in fives weeks. But since I have a low opinion of Willard I'll pick him by decision for now.

Comment

Haye outclasses him then stops him

Comment

Willard KOs Haye in the 23rd round.
            Last edited by La_Vibora; 05-30-2011, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I'll go with Haye by 6th rnd KO or less. Haye wouldn't fight him with the early ferocity that Dempsey did but he'd hurt him nonetheless.

I really never really had a high opinion on Willard. To me he was just a big guy without much skill. Kind of like Primo Carnera (don't know if I spelled his name right). Sure he beat Johnson but Jack was already past his prime.

Unless Willard beat some other guys I don't know about.

Comment

SD haye

i really dont see how haye is going to ko willard when even dempsey couldnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                  SD haye

i really dont see how haye is going to ko willard when even dempsey couldnt.
                  Is there any chance of that fight seeing the second round if even Steve Smoger was the ref today? That was a first round KO modern day, no doubt about that.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                    Is there any chance of that fight seeing the second round if even Steve Smoger was the ref today? That was a first round KO modern day, no doubt about that.
                    Than again....I love playing Devils advocate.....Dempsey would have had to go to a neutral corner by todays rules and never have been allowed to stand over him ready to pounce the second he rose from the canvas. Seconds are precious and these just might have given Willard enough to recover and go on.

Comment

Working...
                    X