Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree that Aaron Pryor would have defeated Maaywether at 140lb?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kendom View Post
    If he could take Arguellos punches then he would walk through Mayweathers, Stylistically hes one of the worst match ups for Mayweather i can think of
    That's a good point, then again would Pryor like Mayweather's style? I'm not so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      That's a good point, then again would Pryor like Mayweather's style? I'm not so sure.
      Pryor would like it very much, Mayweather's a counter pucher and counter punchers dont fare too well with Sawrmers because they force them to get off their shots before they have a chance to get set.

Comment

Pryor would like it very much, Mayweather's a counter pucher and counter punchers dont fare too well with Sawrmers because they force them to get off their shots before they have a chance to get set.
        That's not always the case, though.

I could argue counterpunchers like agressive fighters because they present openings. Not always the case.

I'm not sure Pryor would like a counter puncher who could time him like Mayweather and not engange.

I think it will be a close fight, but clear fight, Mayweather UD. JMO.

Comment

If he could take Arguellos punches then he would walk through Mayweathers, Stylistically hes one of the worst match ups for Mayweather i can think of
          I have heard that about a million times about a wide array of fighters. There has got to be some good fighters that arent a bad match up for Floyd. Floyd is a lot harder to hit than Arguello too. Knocking guys out at a 60 percent clip seems like decent power to me.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            That's not always the case, though.

I could argue counterpunchers like agressive fighters because they present openings. Not always the case.

I'm not sure Pryor would like a counter puncher who could time him like Mayweather and not engange.

I think it will be a close fight, but clear fight, Mayweather UD. JMO.
            I dont think that Mayweather would be able to resist getting tangled. Pryor would come in and get inside Mayweather and start throwing the multitudes of punches to the body and the head im kind of envisioning a Ali Frazie I issue here, im not sure Mayweather would be able to tiime someone like Pryor who is speedy and be able to slip the jab and pressure him

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
              I have heard that about a million times about a wide array of fighters. There has got to be some good fighters that arent a bad match up for Floyd. Floyd is a lot harder to hit than Arguello too. Knocking guys out at a 60 percent clip seems like decent power to me.
              There are good fighters that wouldnt be a bad match up however Pryor isnt one of them, and he might have decent power but not as much as Arguello, I dont really think ryor has mcuh to fear from Mayweather power wise.

Comment

There are good fighters that wouldnt be a bad match up however Pryor isnt one of them, and he might have decent power but not as much as Arguello, I dont really think ryor has mcuh to fear from Mayweather power wise.
                You're right. Pryor could take some hard licks. Floyd doesnt have devistating power. But if he goes in with no respect for it then its trouble. I just dont think its a good idea to go at Mayweather 100mph and Pryor preffered to only fight in 5th gear.

Comment

I think that someone like Castillo almost defeated Mayweather and Pryor was more effective than Castillo with more power, I think that Pryor would outlast and force Mayweather to brawl with him, which would be VERY BAD for Mayweather, I just dont see how Mayweather can win here

Castillo and Pryor are nothing a like. Pryor stayed in the pocket, Castillo was an inside fighter

Comment

While he didn't have a large body of work there Mayweather at 140 was still a motivated beast, with the hunger he lacked soon afterwards.

I'm sure it's a very good fight, but I'll take Mayweather by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                      Castillo and Pryor are nothing a like. Pryor stayed in the pocket, Castillo was an inside fighter
                      Pryor was a high pressure swarmer who threw punches from every concievable angle how could he not be good on the inside? I daresay he would be better than Castillo on the inside

Comment

Working...
                      X