Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones vs Cassius Clay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali took Fraziers body punches all night (him being one of the best body punchers in history.)

Comment

Ali is an iron chinned hero. We don't know how good Roy's chin is.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        My exact thought when I read it .

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          Ali is an iron chinned hero. We don't know how good Roy's chin is.
          Yah we do - See Tarver, Johnson, Green, Lebedev..Granted, not a prime Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by Toney616 View Post
            He has visited him a number of times. He confided it to Manny "big mouth" Steward, who told Kevin Mitchell, the sports writer for The Guardian newspaper
            what's with the bryan brannon avatar

Comment

Originally posted by right_hand_lead View Post
              Hurt Ali to the body? The same Ali that took repeated punches from George Foreman? Ali has one of the great chins/bodies of HW history. And this is coming from a Roy & Ali fan.
              Yeah you forget neither one of these men had the speed of jones while Ali could take those big thudding ones question I can he take the suddness of roys it's the ones you don't see that hurt. And Cassius clay he was a skinny lil dude in the beginning of his career so it's possible. I classify them completely different in my head but sadly I didn't type that.

Them being Cassius and Ali.
              Last edited by MRBOOMER; 06-02-2011, 01:43 AM.

Comment

I also think it would be boring and pot shoting all night. But all I know is someone gonna have a messed up body and somebody gonna look like they got slapped with a brick.
                Last edited by MRBOOMER; 06-02-2011, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                  what's with the bryan brannon avatar
                  The Jones-Brannon fight was hilarious. Seeing Brannon's face now always makes me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by right_hand_lead View Post
                    Yah we do - See Tarver, Johnson, Green, Lebedev..Granted, not a prime Roy.
                    Strangely his punch resistance really seemed to fall off post Ruiz. Back in his hey day it was pretty solid. He took bombs from Sosa and didnt flinch

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                      I also think it would be boring and pot shoting all night. But all I know is someone gonna have a messed up body and somebody gonna look like they got slapped with a brick.
                      Ali never went to the body. He was basically a head hunter and his bread and butter was the left jab and right cross. He pulled back from punches though, like Jones does sometimes. I think Jones would have a lot of success with his leaping left hooks. I can't see how you can avoid them by pulling back.
                      Jones's counterpunching would give Ali fits as well. He fients at you, waits for you to react, than lands a shot at the opening you presented by reacting to his feint. In other words he is countering you, without you having to throw a punch.

On the flip side Ali's jab was top rate and he could use it to try and keep Jones on the outside, so he could land his right crosses.Ali has a rock solid chin and solid intangibles so no version of Ali ever gets stop by anybody

Comment

Working...
                      X