Hardest hitting middleweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Julian Jackson
    Gerald McClellan

never seen two more pure devastating KO punchers than them.

Comment

seen a bunch of the regular answers that all get my thumbs up
      a couple good ones i wasn't expecting
      thumbs up again

and i'll add bad bennie briscoe. he hit like he had lead in his gloves and i haven't seen him on the list yet
      and roy jones wasn't the "Hardest," but the nature of his delivery and his basically unmatched reflexes and timing and speed made him a devastating puncher at or around MW

and i'll add that the hardest puncher i've ever seen at any weight is julian jackson
      i'm waiting for a puncher to come along that hits harder p4p than that man
      Last edited by New England; 05-24-2011, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EMSLDB View Post
        Well this guy wasnt great or even became a champ but what about Antwun Echols. I believe BHOP said he was the hardest puncher he faced
        Who was Echols biggest KO win at 160? Brian Barbosa? Echols had an impressive KO over Charles Brewer, but that was at 168. He really has no business being mentioned among great middleweight punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Who was Echols biggest KO win at 160? Brian Barbosa? Echols had an impressive KO over Charles Brewer, but that was at 168. He really has no business being mentioned among great middleweight punchers.

Go easy on Barbosa, he's my claim to fame. I have a draw with him in an exhibition as amateurs and he was one fight from fighting Hopkins!

Comment

Somebody mentioned James Toney in here as a big power puncher, he wasn't.

Mugabi threw some heavy bombs...............Rockin'

Comment

Jmw

Originally posted by Steak View Post
              Julian Jackson
              Gerald McClellan

never seen two more pure devastating KO punchers than them.
              I watched all of Jacksons fight that were shown back in the day and all the ones available now, I think he lost just a bit of power moving up to MW from JMW, I would rate him at the top of the JMW list but MW only top 10 with McClellan just above him. but neither top 5.

Comment

Hardest Middleweight Punchers

I've been working on this list for over 10 years now, finally was able to get it done.

I've watched 100s of fights, read everything I can find on the best Middleweights and the hardest punchers among them and watched all the video interviews I could find from all the experts and fighters in the division, read many books, here is my list.

Of course we can never prove it or know for sure, but based on the evidence that can be compiled and the detail and time I put into it, this list is as good or better than any.

I split them in Tiers, with the Top 3 being the hardest and in my result & opinion any 3 of them could be #1

Stanley Ketchel
                Bob Fitzsimmons
                John Mugabi

This group I think would also be pretty even and ranked in power a couple of notches below the top tier.

Florentino Fernandez
                Sugar Ray Robinson
                Gerald McClellan
                Nigel Benn
                Gennady Golovkin

And this group very hard to distinguish between them, as they all hit very hard, maybe not all possessing the best 1 Punch power, but hard hitters.

Sam Langford - Best known for his work at higher weights, had a few fights here as he moved up, so he had to hit hard to KO HW's
                Kelly Pavlik
                Thomas Hearns
                Rocky Graziano
                Jorge Castro
                Julian Jackson
                Marvin Hagler

Comment

Hardest punching middles?

Well first on the list are mcclellan and jackson. both those two were brutal Mugabi hit like a freight train too as did hearns.

cant really think of too many others that haven't been mentioned. Although Al Hostak hit like a truck they say.

Comment

McClellan is vastly overrated as a pure puncher simply because he was vicious. His big punch did little to Benn who, of course, headbutted the animal torturer into an early wheelchair. McClellan was a hard arm puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
                      Forgot about the Hawk. Was thinking purely about greats which is probably why I missed him.
                      Ever seen haggler get ktfo? I think your list is fine, but I’d add a few others, including my chihuahua jhonny.

Comment

Working...
                      X