No announcement yet.

lloyd honeyghan against today's welterweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    Can you read? I said Mayweather Mcgirt and Davis were not top welterweight and that is because they weren't.

Mayweather's first fight at welter was in 1994
    Mcgirt's first fight at welter was in 89
    Aaron Davis was still a prospect he didn't fight for a title until 91

So yeah I think you're the one who needs to polish up bro
    "The late 80s was absolutely terrible era for welterweights"

"#1 Mayweather, Buddy McGirt and Aaron Davis were not part of that era of welterweights"

These are your quotes, right? Now go back and check the links I provided for The Rings top 10 welterweight standings for the year 1987, '88 and '89 and you will find all the names I mentioned among the rankings at various times during that period.

Don't worry about thanking me.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      "The late 80s was absolutely terrible era for welterweights"

"#1 Mayweather, Buddy McGirt and Aaron Davis were not part of that era of welterweights"

These are your quotes, right? Now go back and check the links I provided for The Rings top 10 welterweight standings for the year 1987, '88 and '89 and you will find all the names I mentioned among the rankings at various times during that period.

Don't worry about thanking me.
      My god what is so hard to understand? Do you have ADD?

Mayweather's first fight at welter weight was in 1994

Mcgirts first fight at welterweight was in May of 1989

Aaron Davis was still a prospect. In November of 1989 he was winning the NABF title from a guy who 15-10

Comment

My god what is so hard to understand? Do you have ADD?

Mayweather's first fight at welter weight was in 1994

Mcgirts first fight at welterweight was in May of 1989

Aaron Davis was still a prospect. In November of 1989 he was winning the NABF title from a guy who 15-10

WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND? All were ranked by The Ring in the late 80's.

McGirt started his career at welterweight.

Davis also beat A former world champion and a guy who would become a champion (albeit controversially) in 1989.

You've claimed these fighters were not part of that era. You've been proved wrong.

Comment

WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND? All were ranked by The Ring in the late 80's.

McGirt started his career at welterweight.

Davis also beat A former world champion and a guy who would become a champion (albeit controversially) in 1989.

You've claimed these fighters were not part of that era. You've been proved wrong.
          Oh look you finally bothered to look these things up that is why you stopped claiming Mayweather who didn't become a welterweight until 1994

Mcgirt was a light welterweight from 1984 to May of 1989. How the heck does that in your mind make him a top welterweight of the late 80s

Davis beat the following guys in 1989
          Russell Mitchel
          Gene Hatcher
          Anthony Willaims
          Jose Torres
          Luis Santana
          Jose Laercio Bezerra de Lima

NONE OF THEM EVER HELD THE WELTERWEIGHT WBA WBO WBC IBF or IBO titles.

Comment

Oh look you finally bothered to look these things up that is why you stopped claiming Mayweather who didn't become a welterweight until 1994

Mcgirt was a light welterweight from 1984 to May of 1989. How the heck does that in your mind make him a top welterweight of the late 80s

Davis beat the following guys in 1989
            Russell Mitchel
            Gene Hatcher
            Anthony Willaims
            Jose Torres
            Luis Santana
            Jose Laercio Bezerra de Lima

NONE OF THEM EVER HELD THE WELTERWEIGHT WBA WBO WBC IBF or IBO titles.

You really aren't that sharp, are you? Between 1984 and 1989 McGirt fought ABOVE the 140 LIMIT on 24 occasions. For the learning impaired, ANYTHING above 140 is considered welterweight.

In 1987 and '88 Roger Mayweather is ranked in the top 10 of the Rings Rankings. Aaron Davis is ranked in 1989. These are FACTS!! Youi cannot change them. Unless of course you're claiming to be wiser and more knowledgeable the The Rings rating committee. Is that what you're claiming?

Comment

You really aren't that sharp, are you? Between 1984 and 1989 McGirt fought ABOVE the 140 LIMIT on 24 occasions. For the learning impaired, ANYTHING above 140 is considered welterweight.

In 1987 and '88 Roger Mayweather is ranked in the top 10 of the Rings Rankings. Aaron Davis is ranked in 1989. These are FACTS!! Youi cannot change them. Unless of course you're claiming to be wiser and more knowledgeable the The Rings rating committee. Is that what you're claiming?

OH MY GOD how stupid are you?

Roger Mayweather had his first fight at welterweight in 1994 How the hell can he be ranked as top 10 welterweight in 1987 and 88. What heck is wrong with you?

As for Mcgirt

Where are the welterweight fights.... thats right they don't exist Mcgirt was not a welterweight what hell don't you get?

Aaron Davis was prospect in 1989 and yes prospects do get ranked sometimes. Does not change the fact that every meaningful fight he had was in the 90s

Comment

Roger Mayweather had his first fight at welterweight in 1994 How the hell can he be ranked as top 10 welterweight in 1987 and 88. What heck is wrong with you?
                I guess you're going to have to speak to The Rings rating committee than, because it is FACT he was rated in the top 10 welterweights for those years. Who knows more, you ot The Ring?
                As for Mcgirt

Where are the welterweight fights.... thats right they don't exist Mcgirt was not a welterweight what hell don't you get?

Thank you for proving me right with this visual. More than half the fights you have shown are OVER the 140 limit. That makes them welterweight fights.

Aaron Davis was prospect in 1989 and yes prospects do get ranked sometimes. Does not change the fact that every meaningful fight he had was in the 90s
                TOP 10 RATED CONTENDER!! You can't change the FACTS!!!

Comment

Him vs Pac would be pretty freakin' crazy, two freight trains going at it. If anybody would test that man's chin it'd be Honeyghan. Definitely probably be a fight of the year candidate but I'd probably pick Pac because of the angles he gives you and speed.

Floyd would probably out point him for a decision too. So I'd say 3rd best fighter in the division. He'd give both them boys hell though! if he landed the same shot Mosley did he could probably KO him though.

Would be some freakin great fights.

Comment

As for Mcgirt

LMAO Boxingrec warrior. Watch some fights brah. Learn yourself. It's awesome

Then theirs less chance you look like a damn fool.

Comment

The past his prime Margarito that Manny faced is as good or better then Honeyghan and Curry.

Apparently you have no idea how good Donald Curry was in his prime.

Margarito would have been merely target practice for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X