Collapse
No announcement yet.

Older than listed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look no further than the Dominican Republic...just like in baseball anybody boxing from the DR is probably a couple years older than they claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Saddlebred View Post
      Look no further than the Dominican Republic...just like in baseball anybody boxing from the DR is probably a couple years older than they claim.
      That can be said of many Cuban fighters too.

Comment

Samuel Peter is most DEFINATELY older than he claims......

Comment

Norton was for a fact listed younger than he actually was in the 70's. By the time of the Holmes fight he was nearing 36 years of age and wasn't 32 years old as claimed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
            Norton was for a fact listed younger than he actually was in the 70's. By the time of the Holmes fight he was nearing 36 years of age and wasn't 32 years old as claimed.
            That was a tremendous performance by a near 36yrs old to go 15rds at that pace and against a younger guy coming to his prime in Larry Holmes.

Comment

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Marvin Hagler yet. I heard those rumors for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Marvin Hagler yet. I heard those rumors for years.
                That's a new one for me Scott so I'm learning something here. I thought Hagler did look old in the Leonard fight which I did not have him winning.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  That's a new one for me Scott so I'm learning something here. I thought Hagler did look old in the Leonard fight which I did not have him winning.
                  Now I'm wondering if anyone else here ever heard that? I'm sure I heard it more than once during his title reign.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    That's new to me too.....makes sense though :thinking9:

Poet

Comment

That is what I was going to say.

Comment

Working...
                      X