Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At 175 Spinks wins this.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      LOL Interesting how you say Marvin Johnson and Mustafa Muhammad never did anything while throwing Joe Lipsey's name in there. Who the hell did Joe Lipsey ever beat ? He wasn't on the level of Johnson or Lopez. Not even close. Echols and Allen are not on Johnson's level either. Maybe you would like to explain how you came to that conclusion? Both Johnson and Muhammad have wins over top fighters and world champions.

Lets start over.

B-Hop's top 5 wins are greater then those of Spinks. And after the top 5 wins its basically negligible comparing guys like Marvin Johnson Lopez etc to guys like Robert Allen DLH. Therefore Bernard has the better resume.

As for head to head its a classic case of Spinks big weakness inside fighting being one of B-Hop's biggest strengths.

Oh and of course Lipsey didn't beat anyone B-Hop finished his career.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
        Lets start over.

B-Hop's top 5 wins are greater then those of Spinks. And after the top 5 wins its basically negligible comparing guys like Marvin Johnson Lopez etc to guys like Robert Allen DLH. Therefore Bernard has the better resume.

As for head to head its a classic case of Spinks big weakness inside fighting being one of B-Hop's biggest strengths.

Oh and of course Lipsey didn't beat anyone B-Hop finished his career.
        Why don't you stick to what you actually said instead of backing out of it. You said beating Delahoya was better than beating Johnson or Lopez. You said Lipsey, Echols, and Allen were as good as Johnson. Ridiculous. Lipsey never beat any top fighters. Period. So again I ask how does he rank with Johnson and Lopez? If you can't answer it just say so.

Comment

Why don't you stick to what you actually said instead of backing out of it. You said beating Delahoya was better than beating Johnson or Lopez. You said Lipsey, Echols, and Allen were as good as Johnson. Ridiculous. Lipsey never beat any top fighters. Period. So again I ask how does he rank with Johnson and Lopez? If you can't answer it just say so.
          That dude is way off base, but I am curious. What top fighters had Johnson beat when he faced Bernard?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
            That dude is way off base, but I am curious. What top fighters had Johnson beat when he faced Bernard?
            Marvin Johnson, not Glen Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
              Thank you.

Comment

For arguments sake:

Feel free to correct me if you disagree with these:

Spinks Top 5 Wins:
                - Holmes
                - Cooney
                - Qawi
                - Muhammad
                - Johnson

Hopkins Top 5 Wins:
                - Trinidad
                - Winky
                - Tarver
                - Johnson
                - Joppy (Or ODH)

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                  I would say in my opinion(take it as you do) if you think Hopkins would get shut out or easily defeated you clearly don't respect Hopkins and give him enough credit. HE MAKES EVERYBODY LOOK BAD. NOBODY beats him with a comfortable scorecard. NOBODY. Only young Roy Jones did it because he came out of the Olympics as a amazing amateur were Hopkins started out of jail and got better as he got older. There was never a fight after the Jones fight were the whole boxing world can agree Hopkins clearly lost and a lot not think he won.

But if you think Hopkins wins in my opinion I think your giving him a little too much credit. Not impossible but not likely. Spinks BARELY eeks this one out IMO like on a 115-113 114-113 type scorecard. Hopkins would make it ugly.
                  I really can't add anything to this. Great breakdown.

Comment

Thank you.
                    Ridiculous upper-hook that put Johnson out in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                      Thanks. I just always hear "undefeated" Glen referred to as one of Hopkins' biggest wins, when in fact he hadn't faced anyone with a pulse prior. Johnson would go on to become a good fighter, but there is no proof he was one when Hopkins faced him.

Comment

Working...
                      X